Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by MrPopo Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:15 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Don't virtual console games have save states?

I think they just have the memo save. I don't think they have save state management like a PC emulator so you can brute force your way through a tough game.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Yeah it's only 1 per game.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:20 pm

MrPopo wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Don't virtual console games have save states?

I think they just have the memo save. I don't think they have save state management like a PC emulator so you can brute force your way through a tough game.

You can infinitely reload save states on Wii U and 3DS, although you can only create one at a time. Wii Virtual console just suspends though - when you load the save state, it's gone.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:45 pm

First 50:

51. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - PC
52. Starflight - PC
53. Skies of Arcadia - Dreamcast
54. Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - PC
55. Super Star Wars - SNES
56. Shadowrun: Hong Kong - PC
57. Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel - PC
58. The Catacomb - PC
59. Azure Striker Gunvolt - 3DS
60. Mighty Gunvolt - 3DS
61. Catacomb Abyss - PC
62. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - PC
63. Strike Suit Zero - Director's Cut - PC
64. Wolfenstein 3D Spear of Destiny - PC
65. StarCraft - PC
66. Metal Storm - NES
67. Septerra Core - PC
68. Metal Warriors - SNES
69. Zelda II - The Adventure of Link - NES
70. Anachronox - PC
71. Faxanadu - NES
72. Adventures of Lolo - NES
73. Ninja Gaiden 2 - NES
74. Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming - PC
75. Mega Man 5 - NES
76. MechWarrior 3 - PC
77. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES
78. Faria - NES
79. Rebel Galaxy - PC
80. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game - NES
81. Grim Fandango - PC
82. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - PC
83. Fallout 4 - PC
84. Bloodrayne - PC
85. Bloodrayne 2 - PC
86. Catacomb Armageddon - PC
87. This Starry Midnight We Make - PC
88. Shadowrun Dragonfall - Director's Cut - PC

I played through this back when it was a DLC campaign for the original Shadowrun Returns. Dragonfall adds in some enhancements that flesh out the RPG aspects more. Your party members now have their own storylines complete with a quest that you do as just the pair of you two, and they have several levels of upgrades where you pick one of two ways to go. Since each party member tends to specialize in two things you generally are picking between those two specialties.

I ended up going with what ended up being the bad ending. I'm not sure if it was there in the original game, but it was interesting. I ended up being swayed by the big bad's plan (mostly because I didn't want to go through the large combat final fight to get the game finished with) and had to kill my party members. Fortunately, I rolled a massively tricked out Street Samurai and even though the party was also a bunch of heavy gunners they were no threat to my character. I then discovered that there were some unintended consequences to the big bad's seemingly reasonable plan.

Dragonfall improves on the original Shadowrun Returns in every way, and the Director's Cut ends up being even better. I don't think it's worth getting at full price if you already have the DLC version, though.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

by Ack Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:00 pm

So what you're saying is that I should give it a run through sometime in the early part of next year?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:23 am

Indeed you should.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:53 am

1/10: Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP (Steam)
1/10: Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: Bat & Switch (3DS DL)
1/11: Time Fcuk (Steam)
1/11: Coil (Steam)
1/17: Portal 2 (Steam)
1/31: Tales of Xillia (PS3) (re-beat 3/31)
2/12: Tokyo Jungle (PSN)
2/22: LoZ: Four Swords Anniversary Edition (3DS DL)
4/25: Stanley Parable (Steam)
4/28: BattleBlock Theatre (Steam)
5/3: Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
5/9: Excite Truck (Wii)
5/14: Elebits (Wii)
5/26: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (DS)
6/9: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PSN)
6/11: Tappingo (3DS DL)
6/15: Galaga Legions DX (PSN)
6/22: Eversion (Steam)
6/25: Hatoful Boyfriend (GOG)
6/30: Silent Hill (PS1)
7/1: SteamWorld Dig (Steam)
7/12: Cook, Serve, Delicious! (Steam)
7/13: Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - Ch.1 Onikakushi (Steam)
7/14: Retro/Grade (Steam)
8/12: Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (PS4)
8/15: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Steam)
8/25: Ziggurat (Steam)
9/11: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)
9/25: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Steam)
9/27: Freedom Planet (GOG)
9/27: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord (GOG)
10/15: Mad Maestro! (PS2)
10/16: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
11/5: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd (PS3)
11/14: eden*: They were only two, on the planet (Steam)
11/16: Super Mario 3D World (WiiU DL)
11/18: Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (Vita)
11/28: Undertale (Steam)
11/28: Fantasy Life (3DS)

Total: 39 games

Sorcery Saga
A really adorable looking rogue-like :) I've only really played one rogue-like besides this (the first being Dungeons of Dreadmor, even if I didn't know it was a rogue-like before) so it definitely was quite a bit different from of other games I've played. I really enjoyed the procedurally-generated levels, collecting different items, and how simple but quick the combat was. Also I absolutely loved the music. It's a bit odd at times, which makes me think of NIS's tunes a bit, but they tend to fit the mood well and I have stopped playing for a bit just to listen to the music. I think only one or two tracks were not very good. My only gripes with it is how sometimes I'll get a TON of unidentified items but no way to identify them (which honestly I only found mildly annoying) and there were quite a few times where the frame rate would be really bad, often if I just ate some curry (which has some sparkly affects). Still, I really enjoyed this and I'll definitely be trying out other rouge-likes in the future.

Undertale
Honestly I thought I would be a little underwhelmed by this game, since I've heard so many people say how great it was (at least, in the artist community... not sure sure anywhere else tbh). But I gave it a fair go and honestly I absolutely love it. Mostly what brings me in is the charm of the characters and the little things that happen or are said, but also how unique the combat is. I guess it kind of takes what you expect of a standard turn-based RPG and turns it on it's head a bit, so it's a bit of a breath of fresh air I suppose. Honestly it's super difficult for me to explain since you really need to play it to understand it I guess... also I really don't want to spoil it ><; It's really good though! (and hilarious at times, at least for me) I'm going to be replaying it a few times for the other endings :)

Fantasy Life
Unfortunately I've been hyping this game for myself for years, so it fell a little bit under my expectations (as I should of expected). However, I still had a good enough time with it. I liked how it had a lot of non-combat classes which you can switch to at any time, since I kind of missed non-combat classes from when I used to play Mabinogi. It's really quite relaxing in Fantasy Life, but I did have a bit of trouble playing a lot of it at one time since it can be a little grindy as you try and get certain ingredients for recipes. The combat was also a little dull for me, but you hardly have to do any for the story if you don't want to. The story itself was ok I suppose, but what made it a bit better was how silly the character dialogue was. They tend to say things that I wasn't expecting, so at least it wasn't a chore to sit through or anything (which is very good since there is a lot of it!). So I am still happy I bought and played it, but I kind of wish I didn't get so excited to play it and got it a little bit cheaper than I did :l
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 am

laurenhiya21 wrote:I really enjoyed this and I'll definitely be trying out other rouge-likes in the future.

Since you have a 3DS, I think you should nab this one next:

Roguelikes are a genre that I personally have a lot of admiration for. If you're looking for recommendations for any specific platform I'm glad to help.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:18 am

@Lauren

The best way that I can describe undertale's combat system is like this. You are a heart that must either avoid or collect objects flying at you. The rules as to how you do that change constantly and qhat is being thrown at you is unique to each enemy so the experience is unique and always fluctuating.

The beauty in the combat system is just that, they created a very simplistic idea that allowed them to explore a huge variety of options. I absolutely adore the game, although I am about 4-6 hours in, I am truly enthralled by the cast of characters and broad range of emotions. They capture your heart and imagination in surprising ways.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

by Ack Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:42 am

MrPopo wrote:Indeed you should.

Question: are there any save games or such that transfer between the various Shadowruns? if I built a character for Shadowrun Returns, is it possible to play as that character in Dragonfall or Hong Kong?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Return to General Gaming