Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by bmoc Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:35 am

Key-Glyph wrote:Also, I want to play Ori and the Blind Forest so badly. Been intrigued for months, but it's not getting a 360 release, right?

Last I heard, a 360 port is still in the works. I don't believe it has a release date yet.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:43 am

Dave really is a bad money.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 am

I have been playing a lot of non-beatable games recently since my kids have gotten into gaming. We have played a lot of MK8, Super Smash Bros, arcade games and retro platformers for fun with no intention of beating (ie the Sonic and Mario series).

I did finally beat my first game of 2015 and even though I own almost all of them, I beat my first Legend of Zelda game last night - LOZ: Wind Waker HD.

03/14/15 Wind Waker HD - WiiU

Wind Waker
I have had this game twice now, once for the Game Cube and now for the Wii U. When I first got it for the GC it was so different from OoT I got stuck in the first castle and gave up. Once I got the Wii U I tried it again and with a little bit of help from a boss faq to get started (using the grappling hook to take down the giant bug boss) I got the hang of it and loved it. The story was pretty cool, but at the end I was so focused on beating it I rushed through the story and was slightly dissapointed at first. That was my fault.

I now plan on playing another Zelda game, I have almost all of them (except the DS and GBC ones) I am debating on which one to play next... or maybe I'll stick to this genre and play Secret of Mana.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:28 pm

1. Painkiller - PC
2. Front Mission 4 - PS2
3. Wasteland 2 - PC
4. Arcanum - PC
5. X-COM Terror from the Deep - PC
6. Military Madness - TurboGrafx-16
7. Unreal - PC
8. Shadowrun - SNES
9. Warcraft III - PC
10. Dungeon Keeper - PC
11. Final Fantasy X-2 HD - PS3
12. Descent - PC
13. Quake Mission Pack 2 - Dissolution of Eternity
14. Quake 2 Mission Pack 2 - Ground Zero
15. Sokobond - PC
16. Hybrid Heaven - N64
17. Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis

This was definitely THE killer app for the Genesis. And then Sonic 2 did everything better. This game is much slower than all the other Genesis Sonic games, and that's before you realize you need to plod your way through the levels because the designers love putting in traps to punish you for daring to go fast in a game called Sonic. The most bullshit part was when I encountered an invincibility item in Labyrinth Zone. Apparently the correct way was to do some sort of spin into it. If you jump into it, like I did, you bounce up and hit the swinging spike that appears just in time to nail you RIGHT BEFORE the invincibility takes effect.

At least the final boss isn't too bad. As long as you have patience you won't have problems with him.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:48 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:I now plan on playing another Zelda game, I have almost all of them (except the DS and GBC ones) I am debating on which one to play next... or maybe I'll stick to this genre and play Secret of Mana.

Level system and "is it really an RPG?" arguments aside, the classic Zelda games and Secret of Mana are quite similar.

I'd play Link to the Past and then Secret of Mana. Fun times.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 pm

MrPopo wrote:
This was definitely THE killer app for the Genesis.

What? I have zero clue what you are trying to state, and I rarely, if ever, make much sense.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:03 pm

killer app = the system seller.

The reason people wanted to buy a Genesis.

Altered Beast probably wasn't enough to convince most people. :lol:
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:40 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:killer app = the system seller.

Still have zero clue how "killer app" relates to "cartridge game everyone makes someone purchase a 1992 console". Not up with you kid's lingo as app is an abbreviation, mainly a mobile phone application, and a synonym for a discharge.

Sonic is still incredible, but my friends and I did buy the genesis for Altered Beast. That and to not waste money on the TG-16. or Jaguar. It gave the promise of an in home arcade and it delivered, and them, some. Sonic was just the cherry on the sundae.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Luke wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:killer app = the system seller.

Still have zero clue how "killer app" relates to "cartridge game everyone makes someone purchase a 1992 console". Not up with you kid's lingo as app is an abbreviation, mainly a mobile phone application, and a synonym for a discharge.

The term "killer app" is from the old PC days and existed well before mobile phones had apps on them.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Back in my day, killers were bad people and an app was just the first three letters of the word apple.

My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Return to General Gaming