Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:u guys play the same games at the same time?

It's like how your daughter helps you play Sonic, except Noise is more detrimental to the people he plays with.

that's not exactly true. I'm mostly a detriment to myself.
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:
MrPopo wrote:

It's like how your daughter helps you play Sonic, except Noise is more detrimental to the people he plays with.

that's not exactly true. I'm mostly a detriment to myself.

And to train time tables.

Yeah, Fastbilly, noise, and I tend to get together via Steam on Thursday night to play games with a few other friends of ours.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

My wife goes out with her friends on Thursday nights, so I started up a gaming night with my college buddies who use to game every Friday. Noise showed up one night and wont leave...no matter how many trains we throw at him.

Truth be told, I am more of hindrance than he is most games.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

1. Jazzpunk (PC)
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
3. Grandia (PS1)
4. Hotline Miami (PC)
5. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
6. Off-Peak (PC)
7. realMYST: Masterpiece Edition (PC)
8. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (DS)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
10. Space Pirates (PC)
11. NiGHTS Into Dreams (PC)
12. Inherit the Earth (PC)
13. Saints Row IV (PC)
14. Grand Theft Auto V (PC)
15. The You Testament (PC)
16. Dark Forces (PC)

17. Ratchet & Clank (PS2)
18. [url=http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=48115&p=983807#p983807Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)[/url]19. [url=http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=991390#p991390]Gunman Clive (DS)
20. Her Story (PC)[/url]
21.Triple Triad (Mobile)

Triple Triad - So yesterday Square Enix unveiled Triple Triad for mobile devices. The game offers a single player campaign where you fight enemies all in three different difficulty levels as you gain cards, build decks and navigate the varying rulesets for card superiority.

With that being said, I completed the single player campaign completely, beating every enemy at every difficulty level and have played a few online matches. The problem with the online matches is that you must use Google play for matchmaking and can not play against friends as there is no integrated friends list through Square Enix's account system. Add to it, you set up the rules and do matchmaking based off of that. What makes this difficult is that there are 5 different rules you can set at a time and a large amount of rules to choose from, making matchmaking really difficult to find a match. If you set no rules, google will tell you that you are looking for too large of a playerbase and to try back again, making you have to pick rules and limiting who you play against.

Took me about 10-15 minutes to find a match. What a pain!

All in all, the game is still fun, the rules make things really strategic and interesting and the cards themselves are really fun, taking characters, enemies and memorable moments throughout the entire Final Fantasy franchise. For instance, one of my most powerful cards is the Opera from Final Fantasy VI.

Still, the game uses an energy system like a lot of social games, refilling an energy crystal one every half an hour, but the games last less than 5 minutes, so you tend to be done for 2 and a half hours in less than 10 minutes.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

1. Resident Evil 4 (PS3) Digital
2. Resident Evil 6 (PS3) Disc Version
3. Dying Light (PS4) Disc Version
4. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) Disc Version (Replay)
5. Batman Arkham City (PS3) Disc Version
6. The Order (PS4) Disc Version
7. Valiant Hearts (PS4) Digital Version
8. DMC Definitive (PS4) Disc Version
9. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4) Disc Version
10. God of War - Ghost of Sparta (PS3) PSP digital port
11. God of War - Chains of Olympus (PS3) PSP digital port
12. Max Payne 3 - (PC) Digital Version (Replay)
13. Witcher 3 - (PS4) Physical Version
14. Evil Within - (PC) Digital Version (Replay)
15. Freedom Planet - (PC) Digital Version
16. Super Mario World - (Snes) Physical Version (Replay)
17. Mega Man 7 - (Snes) Physical Version
18. Contra - (Nes) Physical Version (Replay)
19. Limbo - (PS4) Digital Version

Finally got around to playing this one through. Had it on PC for awhile and decided to give it a play through when it went free with PS+. Not the best game I ever played but it was still a fun, short play. The oddest thing about this game was that I felt it was very violent. The protagonist comes off as a child, and he dies in some rather violent ways. I may be perceiving the character wrong but as I played I felt he way?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
marurun

Post by marurun »

dsheinem wrote:I need to play this...I bought it some time ago but was sorta burnt out on BL at the time. Good to hear it is awesome.

This is on my wish list, and I'm more that willing to buy it if you want a partner in crime (death?).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

First 50:

51. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - PC
52. Starflight - PC
53. Skies of Arcadia - Dreamcast
54. Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - PC
55. Super Star Wars - SNES
56. Shadowrun: Hong Kong - PC

It's always a good sign when I get into a game so much that I only come up for food, sleep, and my job (and the latter is only because they'd stop paying me for some reason if I stopped showing up). The third game by Harebrained Studios, Hong Kong builds upon what was done before in Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall, while taking the player into a new area of the globe.

They've done a good job on iterating and adding new features with each release, and the biggest new feature in Hong Kong is the redone Matrix. It's much more interesting compared to the old Matrix, which was just a secondary battleground. The new Matrix starts off by having patrolling enemies who's purpose is to detect you. You have to dodge them in real time, and if you fall within their search beam you go to combat. These enemies increase a global alarm counter for every round they detect you, so it behooves you to dodge them or kill them fast. If the global alarm ever hits maximum all the search programs deactivate and a bunch of IC spawns on top of you. Certain sensitive areas will also have IC in place, but it's not an everytime thing. And even the data retrieval has been changed; now there is a gate guarding every data node. If the alarm hasn't been triggered yet, the gate needs to be hacked. If it has been triggered you can brute force it. Hacking the gate gives you the option of forcing through at the cost of greatly raising the alarm level or engaging in a minigame to hack the gate (where failure will increase the alarm level less than brute forcing it). The whole thing makes Matrix diving feel more like you trying to worm your way past the defenses, rather than a one-person combat area.

The game continues Dragonfall Director's Cut's addition of minor customization for your party and party member quests. Each party member (except one, and it's obvious who and why) has a storyline that caps with a quest to resolve that storyline. They're fun and give more insight into the various characters that make up your team. The team is also incredibly well balanced; the only thing missing is a dedicated mage (and technically an adept, though I consider that a street samurai variant). It gives the player the freedom to play the character they want and still having party members who can pick up the other tasks, as no one can do it all in Shadowrun.

The other awesome new addition is the cyberware weapons, which are integrated into your body. It's an extension of how Glory had claws as her built in melee weapon in Dragonfall, only now there are three kinds and a few variants of each kind. Two are melee and one is ranged (though not unlimited like a firearm), and going with them also puts you down the path to gaining some extra essence so you can fully chrome out. My only complaint is you can only have one installed at a time, which is a shame because each one has a unique advantage and it would be nice to be able to switch between them. At the very least you should have been able to equip two, one for each arm. But it's a very minor quibble.

The Hong Kong setting is nice because it drops you in the world of the triads, vs. the western focused previous games. If you've played the Deus Ex games the environment will be familiar, and the game does it well. There's also a lot of interesting missions with good opportunities for solving them in various ways and dealing with unexpected happenings that come up.

The game took me 18 hours by Steam's clock, which is in line with the others. If you enjoyed the previous two I highly recommend it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Good Lord Popo - didn't that come out, like, yesterday???
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Thursday. Got in a few hours Thursday and Friday, then played it nonstop today from the time I woke up until the time I made the post.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
flylikeabird
16-bit

Post by flylikeabird »

Just beat MGS 2 for the first time ever in preparation for the new MGS next month.

Man I forgot how fruity this game was. I was in hysterics during the game's most serious moment. Very funny stuff.

Despite the lame story at times, still a fun game. The camera system definitely feels dated though, tough to use.