Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Exhuminator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I don't have many 32X games (who does?).

Masochists with too much disposable income?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

The best port of Doom out there!!!
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I've beaten Kolibri. IMO it's not as good as the Ecco games, which I'm a fan of. It's not as difficult but it's more repetitive and based more heavily on killing enemies. And while Ecco tells what I think is a really interesting story, Kolibi is pretty light on that front. Not having the ability to communicate with anything makes it seem really stripped down from what made Ecco so interesting to me.

It's a decent enough game, one of the better 32X titles, and worthwhile for Ecco fans. But if you don't like Ecco, I wouldn't recommend it.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I've got seven games for it: Knuckles Chaotix, Virtua Racing, Tempo, Star Wars Arcade, Cosmic Carnage, After Burner, and Doom. I'd like to find Kolibri at some point. My 32X also doesn't behave very well with my Model 2 Genesis systems, which are the only ones I have the passthrough cable for.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

1. Painkiller - PC
2. Front Mission 4 - PS2
3. Wasteland 2 - PC
4. Arcanum - PC
5. X-COM Terror from the Deep - PC
6. Military Madness - TurboGrafx-16
7. Unreal - PC
8. Shadowrun - SNES
9. Warcraft III - PC
10. Dungeon Keeper - PC
11. Final Fantasy X-2 HD - PS3
12. Descent - PC
13. Quake Mission Pack 2 - Dissolution of Eternity - PC
14. Quake 2 Mission Pack 2 - Ground Zero - PC
15. Sokobond - PC
16. Hybrid Heaven - N64
17. Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis
18. Castlevania - NES
19. Super Castlevania IV - SNES
20. Castlevania III - NES
21. Castlevania II - NES
22. Castlevania Rondo of Blood - Turbo CD
23. Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders - PC
24. Fractal - PC
25. Kirby's Adventure - NES
26. Pillars of Eternity - PC
27. Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den - PC
28. Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour - PC
29. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - NES
30. Punch-Out!! - NES
31. Doom 3 - PC
32. The Even More Incredible Machine - PC
33. Contra - NES
34. Dark Forces - PC
35. Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - PC
36. X-Wing - PC
37. TIE Fighter - PC
38. Bloodborne - PS4
39. Gradius - NES
40. Marble Madness - NES
41. The Witcher 3 - PC
42. Mega Man X5 Zero Playthrough - PSX
43. Wolfenstein The Old Blood - PC

Well, the GOG and Steam sales really trashed my progress into my Backloggery, so I thought I'd hop into something quick to undo a bit of the damage.

A stand alone expansion for The New Order, this game is set right before the prologue of TNO; your mission is to get the location of Deathshead's compound that you assault. The game feels like it's essentially Return to Castle Wolfenstein on TNO's engine; you start with a lot of fighting against Nazis to accomplish a mission but then things dip into the occult stuff at the end. And there's no flamethrower, which was one of the best video game flamethrowers ever.

From reading a few of the other threads I apparently played a completely different game from the other people here who played it. I was able to breeze through the game pretty easily, mostly only dying when I started to get cocky and not actually pay attention to what was going around me. There's a couple of fun new weapons; a semi-auto shotgun you can dual wield and a flaregun that fires grenades. And there's a new tool in the pipe which is both a melee weapon and a way to climb walls/get through various obstacles. The wall climbing adds a bit to the exploration pieces.

The biggest fault with the game is that it's a pretty standard "kill all the things" story. The New Order gave a refreshing take on the WWII genre with its postwar setting and being part of a resistance that's trying to hold out and do what damage it can, rather than being part of the forces of good in their climactic clash against evil. But the gunplay is still solid and you have the freedom to go stealthy, cover shooter, or balls out oldschool style just like in TNO. My recommendation is if you enjoyed the gunplay of TNO and want to experience more then grab this. If the main draw of TNO was the story then this won't scratch that itch.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Sarge wrote:I've got seven games for it: Knuckles Chaotix, Virtua Racing, Tempo, Star Wars Arcade, Cosmic Carnage, After Burner, and Doom. I'd like to find Kolibri at some point. My 32X also doesn't behave very well with my Model 2 Genesis systems, which are the only ones I have the passthrough cable for.

I'm not saying there aren't some good 32X games. I was just saying owning all of them would be a bit... over zealous.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Almost as insane as owning all 7800 games. But who am I to judge.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1. Beavis And Butt-Head In Virtual Stupidity (PC)
2. Renegade Ops (PC)
3. Arena Of Octos (Apple II)
4. Beauty And The Beast (Intellivision)
5. Chivalry (Apple II)
6. Donald Duck's Playground (C64)
7. Left 4 Dead (PC)
8. Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
9. Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered (PC)
10. Forward To The Sky (PC)
11. Elevator Action (MSX)
12. Quake (PC)
13: Talisman: Digital Edition (PC)
14: Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round (PC)
15. Dragon Age Origins (PC)
16. Hearthstone (Android)
17. Toren (PC)
18. The Great Giana Sisters (Amiga)
19. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (PC)
20. Lego Jurassic Park (PC)

My wife and I decided to buy Lego Jurassic World today as we were going to see the movie. We came home and played through the entire first episode. We've played Lego games together before, but this is the longest we've ever sat together playing a single game. We spent 3 and a half hours doing the first episode and had a blast. Money well spent.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Almost as insane as owning all 7800 games. But who am I to judge.

Can you imagine if someone had a complete set of 32X games, a complete set of 7800 games, AND a complete set of PS1 long boxes? That man would pretty much be the king of nerds...
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:20. Lego Jurassic Park (PC)

noiseredux wrote:Lego Jurassic World...the first episode

Is Jurassic World inclusive of other past LEGO releases so that you can count each one separate? Otherwise it seems, to me, odd that you'd count a portion of a game as a beaten title. It'd be like finishing an episode of Quake or something and listing it as a standalone title. Am I missing something?

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Can you imagine if someone had a complete set of 32X games, a complete set of 7800 games, AND a complete set of PS1 long boxes? That man would pretty much be the king of nerds...

:lol:

you are just jealous of my hawt nerd swagger