Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by noiseredux Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:44 am

fastbilly1 wrote:We did every side quest in the base game. You should have gotten the achievement for it.

I actually did not. Hmmm.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/noiseredux ... ievements/
Ack

by Ack Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:45 am

noiseredux wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:We did every side quest in the base game. You should have gotten the achievement for it.

I actually did not. Hmmm.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/noiseredux ... ievements/

Yeah, neither of us got it. There must be something we missed somewhere. We also didn't get any of the achievements for locations, so there is more out there to explore.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:55 am

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)
4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
5- Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds (3DS)
6- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
7- Pokemón Crystal (GBC)
8- Pokemón Fire Red (GBA)
9- Pokémon Y (3DS)*
10- Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
11- New Super Mario Bros (DS)
12- Dishonored (PS3)
13- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
14- House of the dead overkill (Ps3)
15- The Evil Within (PS3)
16- Portal 2 (PS3)

It's like Portal... but better! The first one was really a pleasent surprise so i was loocking foward this one and it not disapoint. The game introduces and reintroduces some others. At one point i the game you reach the older part of Apertum from the 60-70 etc and show some new special paint that allows you to bounce, run faster or allows to paint any wall so you put portals on them, this really mix things up and bring to many stop and think for 10 minutes.

I liked more the end song of the first one though, but the one on here is still pretty good :lol:
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:02 am

Beat Wario Land on Virtual Boy.

Seriously, Nintendo, why have we not gotten this on the 3DS? (Well, excepting the obvious answer that it's probably difficult to emulate well on the system and wouldn't generate the sort of cash flow they'd want out of it.)

Anyway, in a lot of ways it's an amped-up SML3. Everything is just smoother all around. The stages get downright devious towards the end, and you really have to play cautiously to avoid hemorrhaging lives. I didn't really, but I almost did many, many times.

The nice thing, though, is that certain stage mechanics stay triggered, even when you go to the next one. So, say, the catapult switches always stay activated. If you die, you still retain the key to the level if you got it, and so forth. You do, however, lose all your money.

I didn't bring down the Virtual Boy to play, sadly. I was playing using WiiMednafen, which did a quite good job. It's a shame the game was strapped to a horribly failed platform, because it's easily as good as other games in the series.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:07 am

Sarge wrote:Beat Wario Land on Virtual Boy.

The last boss in that game is not kidding around, huh? I remember him being quite difficult, and I probably lost more lives fighting him than I did playing through the remainder of the game.

I also agree that Virtual Boy Wario Land is a really great game, and I think it is such a shame that it has never been ported to the 3DS. (I emulated the game on laptop, and I played through it wearing 3D glasses. The effect was excellent.) I would pay good money for a game collecting the Virtual Boy's library on a single 3DS card.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:26 am

I play Wario Land on my VB almost every year, and make sure to find every treasure. Never found it to be difficult though. Think it's even easier than Mario Land 2, which it plays like at some times.

Great music, very "platformer friendly", and is also one of the best games for the VB.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:47 am

I would totally download Virtual Boy Wario Land from the eShop.

I typically don't download games if they exist in a physical format, but I make an exception if the game is hard to obtain and/or awkward to play in its original state (I just downloaded the 8-bit Lost Levels because the odds of me ever owning a Famicom Disk System are slim).

Seems like Nintendo is just sitting on a lot of stuff...... Same old story I guess, at least Mother has finally made a North American appearance.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:51 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I typically don't download games if they exist in a physical format, but I make an exception if the game is hard to obtain and/or awkward to play in its original state (I just downloaded the 8-bit Lost Levels because the odds of me ever owning a Famicom Disk System are slim).

Be sure to get The Mysterious Murasame Castle and RECCA. The first is like an incredibly difficult and fast-paced Legend of Zelda, and the second is an absolutely amazing shmup.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:53 am

:shock: I had no idea those games were on there.....!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:03 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote::shock: I had no idea those games were on there.....!

I beat Murasame Castle back in 2014: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45249&p=934782&hilit=nazo+no+murasamejou#p934782
Return to General Gaming