Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by laurenhiya21 »

I've been trying to be better about not stressing over my backlog as much, but I still get a bit anxious about my unbeaten games. (I get anxious about a lot of things though, so that's probably a different issue there :|) I know there really isn't anything wrong with it as long as I'm not spending my grocery food money on games or something, but it's difficult sometimes.

At least I'm beating many more games than I used to, so that's been helping a bit. Even if I decide not to beat a game, that also helps to just get it off my shelf and out of mind. I'm especially running out of shelf space, so the fewer unwanted games on it, the better.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I know Exhuminator said it well before: view it as a library, not a backlog. There's no need to actually complete everything you have.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

laurenhiya21 wrote:I'm especially running out of shelf space, so the fewer unwanted games on it, the better.

Oh, is that how normal people solve that problem? I just buy more shelves. :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

Post by Ack »

I find it fun to try to go for sets. Say, like trying to beat ever SNES fighting game or RPG. That's what I've been focusing on for a while, but I've been having a blast seeing all the variety within each set I look at. It becomes less a chore and makes the act of beating them into a kind of game in its own right.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Ack wrote:I find it fun to try to go for sets. Say, like trying to beat ever SNES fighting game or RPG. That's what I've been focusing on for a while, but I've been having a blast seeing all the variety within each set I look at. It becomes less a chore and makes the act of beating them into a kind of game in its own right.

That's how I tend to focus my collection. Like, I made it a point to collect every Resident Evil game, then every Army Men game, now I'm working on collecting every port of Corpse Killer (because I have a bizarre fascination with that game).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

Post by Ack »

Exactly, only when I think of sets, it's becoming less of a collecting thing and more of a beating thing so I can say I've done it, but also so I can have knowledge of it, hopefully find some piece I enjoy, and can pass on what I learn to others.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:I'm especially running out of shelf space, so the fewer unwanted games on it, the better.

Oh, is that how normal people solve that problem? I just buy more shelves. :lol:

Well I probably would get another shelf, but I don't have room in the game room for another! I could probably fit another in the living room, but then I would have to actually walk over there to get my games :P
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:now I'm working on collecting every port of Corpse Killer (because I have a bizarre fascination with that game).

That is rad. :lol:

I do the same thing. I have a pretty extensive collection - I honestly don't know how many games I own, but I estimated it at 3000+ earlier this year - and I try also try to go for complete sets and sub-sets. I have quite a few (e.g., first-party Atari 5200 games, Wisdom Tree NES games, Atari 2600 first-party picture label games. Atari 2600 M-Network games, etc.), and I have found that trying to collect sets and sub-sets is a great way to keep my collecting efforts focused.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Games Beaten 2016

Spirits of Xanadu - PC
Tales From the Borderlands: Episode 1 - PC
Operation C - Game Boy
That Dragon, Cancer - PC
Contra - NES
Super C - NES
Contra III - The Alien Wars - SNES
Tekken - PS1
The King of Fighters '99 - PS1
Street Fighter Alpha - PS1
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - PS4
Three Fourths Home - PC
Firewatch - PS4
Street Fighter V - PS4
Far Cry: Primal - PS4
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax - PS3
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND - Xbox One
Android Assault Cactus - PS4
Table Top Racing - Vita
The Room - iOS
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle - PS3
The Room 2 - iOS
Broforce - PS4
Toybox Turbos - PC
Peggle 2 - PS4
R-Type (R-Type Dimensions) - 360
The Room 3 - iOS
Rampage - SMS
Doom (2016) - PS4
Dungeon Siege III - - 360
Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End - PS4
NES Remix - Wii U
Moon Chronicles: Episode 1 - 3DS
Outrun 3D - 3DS
Box Boy - 3DS
Splatoon - - Wii U
Nano Assault Neo X - PS4
Mamorukun Curse! - PS3
Hyperburner - iOS
The Beginner's Guide - PC
Halo 5: Guardians - Xbox One
POP: Methodology Experiment 1 - PC
Amplitude - - PS4
Slave of God - PC
Power Drift 3D - 3DS
Bio-Hazard Battle - Genesis
Thunder Force II - Genesis
Thunder Force III - Genesis
Lightening Force - Genesis
DiRT: Showdown - PC *new*
Battleborn - PC *new*

Total: 51

Previously: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010

DiRT Showdown is a solid game, and especially fun are the Demolition Derby-based events. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this one, as it is probably the most fun I've had with a racing game in a year or more.

I soloed the campaign for Battleborn, which was no small feat as some of the levels are quite challenging and required a few restarts after failing them. I actually really like the gameplay and world in Battleborn, and I think that the 20 hours it took me to finish the campaign was well worth its $15 I paid when it was bundled up in the recent 2K bundle. It is not as good as Borderlands 2 (or even close), but it scratches some of the same itch and has enough of the feel of that game that if you enjoyed your time in that series you should at least check this out too.
Flake

Post by Flake »

3/19: Sonic Generations (3DS)
3/22: Sonic Colors (Wii)
4/10: Sonic Adventure DX (GCN)
4/17: Knuckles in Sonic 2 (SG/WiiVC)
6/15: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP/PSTV)

Little late on adding this one! I first played the original Disgaea on the PS2 back in 2004 - I made it about half way through the story and then got discouraged by the difficulty spike and (by extension) my own lack of understanding of the game's systems.

Playing the PSP version on the PSTV was a joy. First and foremost, I used to hate the Item World because of the gamble that it represented. A) You might not make it back - there's no telling when the game may present a BS situation that you cannot escape from. B) You may not have enough time!

But with suspend play, that's not really an issue. This solved all of the leveling problems I had with the original version of the game. As an added bonus, the Dual Shock 3 is a way better controller than the PSP ever was.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?