Snafu - Intellivision - Intellivision
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Wii
Street Fighter vs. Tekken - Vita *new*
Wolf Fang - PS1/Vita *new*
Mirror's Edge - iOS *new*
Infamous: Festival of Blood - PS3 *new*

Total: 16

Games Beaten: 2013 2012 2011 2010

Plugging along. All of these were fun, all of them were easy and relatively short.

I 1cc'ed SFxT on the first go, so it is somehow even easier on Vita than on the PS3.

Wolf Fang ceases to be frustrating and starts to be fun if you treat it like the mech-centric Metal Slug style run n' gun it is.

Mirror's Edge on iOS is an endless ending runner that has some nifty ideas but suffers from control problems (just like its big sister).

Infamous: Festival of Blood is just the right amount of Infamous, even if it is somehow even more ridiculous than the main games.
Last edited by dsheinem on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2014

Post by emwearz »

I have Festival of Blood, I remember when it was released they were pushing the PS Move control scheme like it made a big difference. Did you try Move or stick to the DS controller?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

emwearz wrote:I have Festival of Blood, I remember when it was released they were pushing the PS Move control scheme like it made a big difference. Did you try Move or stick to the DS controller?

DS
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

1) Kung Fu NES
2) Altered Beast Genesis
3) Golden Axe Genesis
4) Golden Axe GBA
5) Golden Axe Dreamcast
6) Golden Axe PS2
7) Golden Axe Sega CD
Golden Axe 360
9) Ninja Gaiden xbox
10) Ninja Gaiden NES
11) Cool Spot Genesis
12) The Duel Genesis
13) Pit Fighter Genesis
14) Hard Drvin' Genesis
15) Death Duel Genesis
16) Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis
17) Mutant League Football Genesis
18) TMNT Hyperstone Heist Genesis
19) Streets of Rage Sega CD
20) Streets of Rage 2 Genesis
21) Golden Axe 2 Genesis
22) Sewer Shark Sega CD
23) Chiki Chiki Boys Genesis
24) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Genesis
25) Mega Man 2 NES
26) Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! NES *new*
27) TMNT Fall of the Footclan Gameboy *new*
28) TMNT Something Sewers Gameboy *new*

By decision :( Like jumping the poll in SMB, I've heard people say they've ko'd Tyson, but I've never seen it done.

The second TMNT installment for the Gameboy is so-so at best, but Fall of the Footclan is a joy to play. It's easy, but that is part of the charm of the game. It's also a game I frequently played during classes in middle school if a teacher was phoning it in.

I'll never forget (well, most prepubescent boys in my six grade class will also never forget) Miss. Black (who was white). She was a total knock out, fresh out of college, and on Fridays we would have at least one hour of "chill out time".

I'm snitching a bit, as she made us promise not to tell anyone about "chill out time", but I'm certain she wouldn't mind seeing as how long ago that was. I'd always have my Gameboy with me on Fridays, usually playing TMNT, Mario Land, or Ducktales. When it was getting close to 3pm she'd play a tape (lots of Milli Vanilli, Bon Jovi, and other terrible stuff) and let us do whatever we'd like as long as we didn't bother her.

She also wore a lot of v-necks. God bless her.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Luke wrote:By decision :( Like jumping the poll in SMB, I've heard people say they've ko'd Tyson, but I've never seen it done.

I assume you mean by the 10 count. I TKO'd him. I have a video of me doing it actually.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

alienjesus wrote:I assume you mean by the 10 count. I TKO'd him. I have a video of me doing it actually.

You assumption is correct sir.

I've had some bizarre fights, but have never ko'd Tyson. My quickest KO of all time was in three seconds. Two punches; one uppercut, one star punch, fight over.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

Luke wrote:I'll never forget (well, most prepubescent boys in my six grade class will also never forget) Miss. Black (who was white). She was a total knock out, fresh out of college, and on Fridays we would have at least one hour of "chill out time".

I'm snitching a bit, as she made us promise not to tell anyone about "chill out time", but I'm certain she wouldn't mind seeing as how long ago that was. I'd always have my Gameboy with me on Fridays, usually playing TMNT, Mario Land, or Ducktales. When it was getting close to 3pm she'd play a tape (lots of Milli Vanilli, Bon Jovi, and other terrible stuff) and let us do whatever we'd like as long as we didn't bother her.

She also wore a lot of v-necks. God bless her.

I had a few teachers like this back in my grade school days as well. Maybe not letting us play Gameboys, but young and attractive.

"Hot For Teacher" indeed.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

graffix_13 wrote:"Hot For Teacher" indeed.

That was the intro theme for my wife and I at our wedding reception.

Followed by "Fever" as I had one of over 103. My DJ (who is also a close friend of mine) was awesome. He even cut my Mom's shitty song short for the Mother/Son dance.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

Luke wrote:Followed by "Fever" as I had one of over 103.

Like that Foreigner song, "Hot Blooded"? Or is that the joke :lol: ?