A very surprising find (Nintendo Power related)

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
Yukima
32-bit

A very surprising find (Nintendo Power related)

Post by Yukima »

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in...

I just got in some very nice stuff today from eBay - a set of Nintendo Power magazines from 1998-2000 (36 issues) plus one from January 2001. I had some of these as a kid and long since regretted throwing them out - now I have them back and more! :mrgreen: While this in itself was pretty awesome, the lot also came with some extra special stuff that was completely unexpected:

- The 6 mini-issues of Pokemon Power released in 1998 (I'm a huge Pokemon fan so this ALONE was just amazing! I thought I'd NEVER find these!)
- The subscriber bonuses for 1999, 2000 and 2001 (these contain previews of new N64 and GBC games and also a preview of the GBA and Gamecube)
- The "Super Power Supply" catalogs for 1997, 1998 and 1999 (shows all the official Nintendo merchandise for Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. Really nice stuff!)
- Several insert posters from Pokemon and Legend of Zelda: OoT (these were already separated)

Anyone interested in scans of some of these things? Especially the catalogs or subscriber bonuses, or even something from some of the magazines themselves? Is Retromags scanning these already?

Just let me know! :D
Retr0bright console de-yellowing guide:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17667
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: A very surprising find (Nintendo Power related)

Post by noiseredux »

I'd really like to see these:

- The subscriber bonuses for 1999, 2000 and 2001 (these contain previews of new N64 and GBC games and also a preview of the GBA and Gamecube)
Devezu
24-bit

Post by Devezu »

I second that.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

I'd love to see scans of the Super Power Supplies catalogs. No one has scans of them to my knowledge.

Yukima wrote:Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in...

I just got in some very nice stuff today from eBay - a set of Nintendo Power magazines from 1998-2000 (36 issues) plus one from January 2001. I had some of these as a kid and long since regretted throwing them out - now I have them back and more! :mrgreen: While this in itself was pretty awesome, the lot also came with some extra special stuff that was completely unexpected:

- The 6 mini-issues of Pokemon Power released in 1998 (I'm a huge Pokemon fan so this ALONE was just amazing! I thought I'd NEVER find these!)
- The "Super Power Supply" catalogs for 1997, 1998 and 1999 (shows all the official Nintendo merchandise for Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. Really nice stuff!)
- Several insert posters from Pokemon and Legend of Zelda: OoT (these were already separated)

Anyone interested in scans of some of these things? Especially the catalogs or subscriber bonuses, or even something from some of the magazines themselves? Is Retromags scanning these already?

Just let me know! :D