GameCube Hidden Gems - Part 2

Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

GameCube Hidden Gems - Part 2

Post by Metal Jesus »

http://youtu.be/iujiCuAyu48 <---YouTube Link

Here is Part 2 for Gamecube collectors looking to find more Hidden Gems for their library! What Part 1 Here

Games Shown:

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Killer7
Geist
Ikaruga
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
Gameboy Player
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: GameCube Hidden Gems - Part 2

Post by Hobie-wan »

Oh man, just those 2 tiny snippets of voice acting for Baten Kaitos were painful. The possession thing in Geist sounds like Messiah, FYI. Also jealous you have an orange spice GB player. :lol:
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Hobie-wan wrote:The possession thing in Geist sounds like Messiah,

Wow! I don't think anybody has spoken of the Messiah game is probably years... That game was supposed to be amazing at the time, with it's spiffy voxel graphic technology, but it never caught on. I didn't play it either. Did you?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I have not. It sounded interesting in premise, but I remember many iffy reviews that I swear said there were some janky bugs. Not sure if any patches sorted it out or not.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Enjoyable and informative video!

Agree, Gameboy Player is an absolute must have piece of hardware/software for any Gamecube owner. Not only for enjoying all the Gameboy games on the big screen, but also use of the Analog Gamecube stick and even an Arcade Stick option for the tons of additional games.

I'm still partial to the PS1 and PC version of Metal Gear Solid, because of the original accented voices. The Gamecube holds its own very well though. Nice info on Killer 7, I didn't know about the No More Heroes connection.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Geist looks like a damn good FPS to pick up, and it's cheap. I'm running out of FPS to play on the GC! And it's another Nintendo surprise like Eternal Darkness was!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Man, I love the GameBoy Player. I just need a better controller for it.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Cronozilla wrote:Man, I love the GameBoy Player. I just need a better controller for it.

I used a wavebird with it for a great and comfortable way of playing. I would be interested in a NES style gamecube controller, I need the GBA player again for my Castlevania's.

Metal Jesus you covered everything I would of suggested, like the videos a lot.
I still would recommend Smugglers Run Warzone, Monster House and Goblin Commander!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

Does the GameBoy Player display GameBoy Color games with the proper colors? I have the GBP but no GBC color games to test. I know the Super GameBoy doesn't display the proper colors in GBC carts, but that came out before the GameBoy Color so it's forgiven.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Wait, I thought some GBC carts were specially made for the Super Game Boy and had special palette and borders.