Wow that's astounding.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by emwearz Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:36 am

God of War II (Collectors Edition with the bonus DVD) - $11, it is becoming harder and harder to find the black label versions of the GOW games.
Mechblue
128-bit

by Mechblue Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:41 am

BoringSupreez wrote:
diesel_dan wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:*Merged into existing topic*

To figure out what the one game is, search for the catalog code from bottom of the spine or the UPC on google.

Thanks for the tip! It's Mojib Ribbon, sequel to Vib Ribbon. It looks...Japanese?

Next Craigslist find: Rosetta Stone.

Isn't Rosetta Stone illegal to sell? I know Ebay automatically cancels all Rosetta Stone listings.

I can see it now...

So.. what are you in for? Oh, I sold rosetta stone on craigslist to an undercover cop.. :lol:
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
vxbinaca
16-bit

by vxbinaca Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 am

Been a year since I posted here:

Lots of Zelda 3 stuff. I now have two boxed copies (minus maps).

- First one is a gold box ver 1.1 thats in spectacular condition. I pieced it together for about $40. Cart is VG. Manual, secrets book and inserts are good condition (used). Also has canadian poster in the box
- Second one is a gift from my girlfriend. "I can't keep this here anymore I'll be moving out of here and you should have it". Million seller thats worn a little, rub marks and such, had a manual and NP inserts and no secrets book, Star Fox poster in box. Here's the kicker(s) about this one though: Mint cart. I mean MINT in the bag. She sent along her amazon invoice and paid $20 shipped for it. I got it for free as a gift. Shes the best (and looks like Zoey from Left 4 Dead)! Love ya Rox!
- Zelda 3 manual. Used. (from girlfriend separate from the copy of the game she gave me). Free.
- Zelda 3 manual. Minty with less-used secrets book then the one I had. $5 shipped. Went in the v1.1 box and that boxes manual/book went to the million seller v1.2.
- Zelda 3 manual. Used. $3 shipped. From same seller as previous manual/book. They were nice enough to alert me after they found another (seller claims her mom is a gamer).

- SNES 1a and v1.1 Zelda 3: $13 shipped (10 of which was shipping). Top shell is yellowed and extremely brittle, but the cart locking sub-assembly is all later plastic so it's okay, and yes it has that beautiful SPC sound unit on it (it's why I bid). Only major problem is the power center cap is missing and I either need to convert it to take a standard plug or desolder the connector off another SNES and put it on this one. I'll get around to it one day, fix-er up as new.

Non-zelda 3 stuff:

- SNES model 1b - $4. I traded it's OEM hookups and controller for the aftermarket ones I had and sent the package to my girlfriend, along with another copy of Zelda 3 I had.

Incoming stuff I'm still waiting for:

- Mint F-Zero sealed million seller: $10 shipped.
- Two SFC copies of Zelda 3, used (how used I don't know yet) for $20 shipped from Osaka. One is for the lady when I grind smooth the region tabs off her SNES and mail it back to her with the cart, and change her power LED to pink.
girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Time Crisis 3 complete with Box - $5 (yard sale)
Killzone 3 (Complete) - $12 (pawn shop)
icemanfan44
8-bit

by icemanfan44 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:39 pm

girlracer wrote:Time Crisis 3 complete with Box - $5 (yard sale)

never thought to look for games at a pawnshop before. Do they have a lot of games there?
Hateshinai
128-bit

by Hateshinai Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Zool, Super Skidmarks, Pugsy, Super Kick Off, Wiz N' Liz. PAL games, complete with manuals (except Pugsy). Carts and boxes in excellent condition. Manuals not great but I don't care.
Master of Weapon has no manual and is probably a bootleg. The box has no text on the back, just 4 photos. The cart is really weird. It has the shape of US/PAL carts but a deep notch on the right side like Japanese games and the label goes all the way down, Japanese style. I was unable to find any photos of the original cart to compare to.

25 euros and a 10 minute drive for the whole lot. It's very rare to find anything retro where I live so every find like this is special.
Mostly harmless
girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 pm

icemanfan44 wrote:
girlracer wrote:Time Crisis 3 complete with Box - $5 (yard sale)

never thought to look for games at a pawnshop before. Do they have a lot of games there?

i get a ton of games at my local pawns, usually all nes-n64, ps1 run $2, one pawn has ps2 for $4 each, one does 4 for $10.

my one pawn does their ps3/360/wii for around $12-$15 each
then my other pawn does $10 each for ps3/360/wii no matter what the game is.

this is why i go once a week :) its worth a shot to try your local pawn. remember if you buy bulk some pawns will deal with you on price.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:21 pm

girlracer wrote:i get a ton of games at my local pawns, usually all nes-n64, ps1 run $2, one pawn has ps2 for $4 each, one does 4 for $10.

my one pawn does their ps3/360/wii for around $12-$15 each
then my other pawn does $10 each for ps3/360/wii no matter what the game is.

this is why i go once a week :) its worth a shot to try your local pawn. remember if you buy bulk some pawns will deal with you on price.

Pawn shops near me that I've tried either have nothing or a bunch of overpriced messed up crapola. Only luck I've ever had at one was a few years ago when I made a random stop in a part of town I rarely go to, though it wasn't for a game. I got the Criterion DVD of Man Bites Dog nice and minty for $4 or so because they were having a half price Christmas sale.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Retro Store Run

Atari 2600 Warlords and Video Olympics - $3.00 each
A couple Paddle Games, I already have both of these. I had to get a spare Warlords since it is such a good game. I have the Sears Telegames version called Pong Sports, might as well own the Atari release.

NES Gyromyte - $1.00
This supplements the gutted Gyromyte import adaptor cart I already own. Unfortunately, I could not find any more import adaptor five screw carts in the store.
Warlords - Video Olympics - Gyromyte Carts.jpg
Warlords - Video Olympics - Gyromyte Carts.jpg (181.35 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

PS1 Metal Gear Solid from PS2 Set - $5.00
This makes the 3rd copy, already have PS1 Black and Green labeled versions. Crap! Why couldn't Sony have made a PS2 version? Oh well, there is always Bleem. Make this the 4th copy if I include Twin Snakes on the Gamecube. Someone help me, 5th copy if I include my PC version. :oops:
PS1 Metal Gear Solid PS2 Case.jpg
PS1 Metal Gear Solid PS2 Case.jpg (171.44 KiB) Viewed 1210 times

Supevision NES Bootleg Cart - $30.00
Big deal, a bootleg cart. Not too many NES bootlegs out there, most were Famicoms. This one has a great selection of games including some speedup hacks and finally a complete version of a recalled Tetris game. No emulation here, all playable with a real NES controller in a Toaster NES. :mrgreen:

Full review of this unusual cart: viewtopic.php?p=467900#p467900

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Game Deals