NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Bloodandbourbon
24-bit

R.O.B replacement parts

by Bloodandbourbon Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:15 pm

ok, so i got a rob really really cheap on ebay for 20bucks.
i'm missing the 2 little disc and the claws... but they cost more then what i payed for this thing. is there any replacements parts on the net for cheap, or maybe something i can make?
and this thing even works. thank god for people misspelling on ebat
Hardcore Legend of Zelda Fan!
BlackDS
Next-Gen

Re: R.O.B replacement parts

by BlackDS Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Bloodandbourbon wrote:thank god for people misspelling on ebat

:lol:
Yeah, that ebat is full of stupid people!
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
Bloodandbourbon
24-bit

by Bloodandbourbon Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:32 pm

BlackDS wrote:
Bloodandbourbon wrote:thank god for people misspelling on ebat

:lol:
Yeah, that ebat is full of stupid people!

opps lol :oops:
Hardcore Legend of Zelda Fan!
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Nice pickup!! I would say your best bet for replacement parts is on eBay and possibly flea markets. :)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
HellHammer
64-bit

by HellHammer Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 pm

In my experience, the most collectible and expensive part of ROB are the little pieces and parts to complete both the Gyromite and Stack-Up games.

The ROB itself isn't actually all that rare, as far as I know.

You might have some luck buying a couple different incomplete ROB lots on ebay and ending up with a complete set of parts.
molotovwars
Next-Gen

by molotovwars Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:28 am

I just waited and bought a small lot of parts that had the one or two I needed and then an extra or two. I was then able to sell the extras back at eBay prices and get out okay.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 am

You are missing the two claws and the two gyroscopes (spinners) - and possibly the Gyromite cart. Ironically I think the claws cost more than the gyroscopes. Just dont look into Stackup. Ive been trying to get a set of the pedestals and discs for three years, the cheapest I have seen them is $150
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Picked up NES R.O.B. in original somewhat worn Deluxe box with torn styrofoam inside for 25 bucks. Robot cosmetically in new condition, however I can see corrosion seeping out from battery compartment at the base. probably been sitting in box for a while. I think its fixable if just battery acid on the contacts.

Here's what was all in the box:
R.O.B. the most important!
Two platform attachments including controller holder and 4 Gyromite pads
One red Gyromite
One Gyromite motor in Brand new condition
Both claws are there! Spotted one on the ground, whew!

I'm gonna go back and catch the unpacking guy later to see if any pieces fell out. For the other Gyromite, cart and manual.
This reminds me when I got my Vectrex, and all the carts, game transparencies color discs but no glasses or lightpen.

According to the packaging, Deluxe kit includes the NES and Lightgun Zapper as well, but I don't see how all that would fit. Did this package come in two boxes?

EDIT
Looks like a regular CRT to actually make R.O.B.'s eyes to see!

I think the Stack Up game kit is separate, an even harder find.

To be displayed next to my Armatron.
The irony, missing these stack discs too.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:59 pm

It came in one box. If I get a secure place Ill open mine and show you how it all fits. Right now my workshop is full of art stuff and I am repairing a projector on the kitchen table...
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:47 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:It came in one box. If I get a secure place Ill open mine and show you how it all fits. Right now my workshop is full of art stuff and I am repairing a projector on the kitchen table...

Okay thanks! Looks like a tight fit for the Zapper and NES console, the box says DELUXE KIT.

There is a Zapper gun for 5 bucks in a glass case along with another DUAL ANALOG (have to gloat) I picked up for 3 bucks this morning. The R.O.B. kit just came off a receiving truck so I know the Zapper in the glass case is a different one. Might as well grab that Lightgun when I ask about pieces that might have fallen out. NES deck easy find, no hurry to build up another orphan. Too many consoles to feed in my OCD signature link.

Guess is cool that I picked up the little robot that saved the Video game crash. :mrgreen:

EDIT
Okay went back a third time and picked up the Zapper for 5 bucks. Thrift store worker said he would keep an eye out for the other "kids top" Gyromite. Told me only NES Robot he seen for a few years and it just came off truck. They were still unloading the truck when I bought Rob earlier today. Battery door on poor Rob is really stuck, can see the dreaded white powder from batteries thru finger hole. Sprayed WD40 with Rob right sideup, excess oil dripped out. Resting on a shop towel, will try to pry out later. Amazing thing is all the plastic is shiny store new with no scratches whatsoever. Even the one Gyromite included only has a couple small marks on the red anodized metal. Almost looks like the original owner tried Rob once, put it away and just played Duck Hunt. Unfortunate that the batteries were not removed. My Columbo guess-estimate since NES, game carts and Zapper were missing.

EDIT 2
Didn't know this, an interesting read, looks like R.O.B. plays part of the game with that controller holder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyromite

fastbilly1, I think I can tell how everything fits. Does yours come with 2 gyroscope gyromites?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Nintendo