Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: What do you listen to?

by Hobie-wan Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Bramanda wrote:1. Skinny Puppy ( always will be at the top of my list... favorite band ever )
2. Autechre
3. Air
4. Aphex Twin
5. Beck
6. Front 242
7. Squarepusher
8. Chris Clark
9. KMFDM
10. Fear Factory

If we were stuck on a road trip together, I don't think there'd be a problem with fighting over what to play.

fvgazi wrote:I picked up the Trait EP for like $5. It's sooo sick.
I've never heard the I will refuse / No bunny 7"/12"

The tape and CD had all 6 songs on it. Ministry - Side Trax also has all 6 Pailhead songs, plus the 1000 Homo DJs, PTP, and Acid Horse stuff on it. Though except for the cover of Supernaut, the rest of that disc might not be up your alley.
Bramanda
8-bit

by Bramanda Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm

@ Hobie-wan

NICE ! :) You have good taste man. I like ALOT of the bands on your list there. Meat Beat Manifesto + Prodigy was my first indoor concert. Will never forget it. That and the time Bill Leeb from Front Line Assembly was so kind as to sneak me into a show that I was underage for. I think i was grinnin for a week straight ;)
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Bramanda wrote:I like alot of music , but I would say Electronic/Industrial is really my fav as its what I like to make as well. Lately a top 10 would read like this...

1. Skinny Puppy ( always will be at the top of my list... favorite band ever )
2. Autechre
3. Air
4. Aphex Twin
5. Beck
6. Front 242
7. Squarepusher
8. Chris Clark
9. KMFDM
10. Fear Factory

Nice to see some fellow fans on here :) You guys got any good metal recommendations ? I'm outta the loop on that stuff ... loves me some fear factory but sadly just don't know alot of metal bands these days.

Nice to see another fan of Air out their. I fucking love them. Always good for long drives. My efficiency is up 25% when I listen to them...
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:I get all my music from the radio, I'm too cheap to pay for music over games.

Haha you remind me of my 'analog' years :lol: Have boxes of cassettes that I won't even bother digitising. Any ideas? :D

I'd just listen to them till they wear out. That's what I'm doing with my numerous VHS tapes. I have far more of my movies on VHS than on DVD. I won't go out and buy a DVD if I still have a working VHS copy at home, so I'm going to be watching VHS's for a while.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:59 pm

faith no more....that's all i need
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm

hashiriya1 wrote:faith no more....that's all i need

Every time I hear the name Faith No More, I think of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey... great movie. :)
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:37 pm

New wave, 50s, classical and game sound tracks.

Many great DOS games forgotten, the reason I keep a separate DOS 6.22 removable drive. Wait a minute, they are on YouTube. However the original Game and Music CD do sound better.

A lot of the older PC CD games have actual music tracks that can be played on a regular CD player.

Click this and be blown away by this forgotten gem.

ImageInferno

Crank up the volume on these.

ImageInferno Remix
ImagePlanet 2 Remix
ImageSpace 1

Forward pass the monologue on these for great Synthesized guitar.

ImageHuman Installation
ImagePlanet 2

One of the best Game Over death tune ever made.

ImageDeath Tune

A great DOS game called Inferno by Ocean, they also made TFX. I have the Tin Collectors box with the Flight Sim PC game CDs of Inferno and two versions of TFX.

Even more rare is the mail in Original Alien Sex Fiend Music CD. Now If I can only track down the PS1 version of TFX.

The forgotten games of DOS don't increase in money value but the great ones are a collector's value.

Here is TFX in Top Gun polygon VGA glory. "Looks like the Lizard!" Look for the newspaper clip of Stormin Norman and the camera pan float into Pilots seat.

ImagePC TFX Tactical Fighter Experiment

The rare collector tin edition. The even more rare out of print music CD from Europe could only be acquired by a mail. The mail in coupon is only distributed with this collector's edition. The Game CDs also have music tracks. :mrgreen:

Attachments
Inferno PC Game.jpg
Inferno PC Game.jpg (43.42 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 20 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Arbitern1
128-bit

by Arbitern1 Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:47 am

I know this is really off topic but anyone else think marilyn manson is washed up?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:14 am

Arbitern1 wrote:I know this is really off topic but anyone else think marilyn manson is washed up?

Eh, I like Beautiful People and the video was cool though it borrowed heavily from Brothers Quay, who in turn were very influenced by Jan Svankmajer. I never was big on Brian Warner's music though. Not paying attention to radio/MTV/wahtever, didn't even know he'd really done anything since that terrible Tainted Love cover.
weaponepsilon
64-bit

by weaponepsilon Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Octopod wrote:Have I replied to this thread already? Can't remember...anyhow..

I listen to hardcore punk, early US hardcore, anarcho punk, crust, grindcore, crossover, thrash, speed metal, NWoBHM, doom metal, sludge, black metal, stoner metal, death metal...stuff like that. I like a little bit of classic rock but not a lot, old surf like the Trashmen and Dick Dale, industrial, gothic rock, death rock...that pretty much covers it. I like classical too, mostly german/austrian dudes.

Wow. Three completely pointless fun facts for you:

1) The Trashmen, I can believe you said you like listening to my dad.
2) You posted that on my birthday.
3) I'm in a metal band...That is all...

Thank you for your time. I've drank too much.
Check out my Trade thread!
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16059

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 914 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever