Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
christoph
Next-Gen

Re: Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Post by christoph »

dsheinem wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Not sure it's terribly retro (Power Stone 2), but here's my lil' gamers. My daughter (far left) is a very serious gamer, as in she will get pissed and punch her brothers. My older boy (2nd on left) is very talented and is the best of the 4, he is really attuned and has the patience to perform combos. The other two (on the right)...not much going on there yet...but they do want to play w/their older siblings.

What an awesome picture!

Thats so awesome
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

My daughter gave me her Wii, wants me to buy her a NES.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=418963#p418963

Looking back at the OP I added some additional NES titles my daughter just told me while typing. I just found out I have my own NES expert right in the house! I mean Chiller and Monster Party? I played Chiller in Mame, amazed the knowledge my daughter has of the older then she is system. Brings a tear to the eye of a proud parent. :D
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

CRTGAMER wrote:My daughter gave me her Wii, wants me to buy her a NES.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=418963#p418963

Looking back at the OP I added some additional NES titles my daughter just told me while typing. I just found out I have my own NES expert right in the house! I mean Chiller and Monster Party? I played Chiller in Mame, amazed the knowledge my daughter has of the older then she is system. Brings a tear to the eye of a proud parent. :D

Cool, just read your other thread, that is awesome!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Hateshinai
128-bit

Post by Hateshinai »

My 4 year old playing Mega Man Wily Wars using an emulator and a 6 button Genesis pad. He likes to play Super Mario Bros, Sonic 1 & 2, Knuckles Chaotix, Power Rangers The Movie, and all the Mega Man games. For his birthday I bought him a large stuffed Bowser and a set of Mario toys.
The younger one (2 and a half years) for now only spectates, shouting "SEGA!" at random intervals.
They love to watch me play and are currently helping me through Psychonauts.
Mostly harmless
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I guess since I got a mention in the top post here I should throw up a few pictures of my almost-2-year old getting his gaming on...

Rocking the VCS...

...and enjoying himself.

This was my wallpaper for a long time.

Trying to choose a game...

...don't step on Radiant Silvergun!

This is easily his favorite arcade stick (probably because of the size and colors). He's not much for classic gamepads, but he will move the d-pad or hit a button while playing NES games (I usually control the other half of the pad). He does like dual analogs, though.

I also inadvertently captured some video of him getting his first PSN trophy...he was playing with flOw since you just need to move the controller around and apparently there's some trophy for just kind of chilling out. He unlocked it. :lol: He also loves sit down arcade racers, and we try to hit one up whenever we get the chance. At home he plays lots of Saturn racing games with the Saturn racing wheel (I rubber-band the gas button down and put him on an oval track). The kid is a natural.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Great new pictures HS and Dave. I am often terrible about seeing resemblance in children, but that S-Adv shot it totally mini Dave. :lol:
NintendoTwizer
16-bit

Post by NintendoTwizer »

Playing some NES

sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

kid, playing with my talking classic arcade with mario pajamas.

8)
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

dsheinem wrote:....I also inadvertently captured some video of him getting his first PSN trophy...he was playing with flOw since you just need to move the controller around and apparently there's some trophy for just kind of chilling out. He unlocked it. :lol: ....

Aww. Baby's first gaming trophy :cry:

Those pictures are adorable, btw.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

sevin0seven wrote:kid, playing with my talking classic arcade with mario pajamas.

8)

Awww-some! :D
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.