Another Wii Milestone shmup? (Illvelo / Illmatic Envelope)

2D Shooters Invade
brokenpavement
16-bit

Re: Another Wii Milestone shmup? (Illvelo / Illmatic Envelope)

Post by brokenpavement »

I hope so... That video looked really interesting. Maybe if not a retail release, a possible WiiWare candidate? They seem to release xb360 shooters that are retail games in Japan (Triggerheart) as DLC here, so why not?
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

That sure looks interesting, lets hope that it comes to something.

I still have great faith that by the end of the wii's life it will have a great library of unusual gems like this one.
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

Speaking of Milestone, it seems like Karous is the final Dreamcast game made. The style of the game somehow fits perfectly for the last released game.
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Post by HeavyMetalMe »

Nooooooooo! I want more Milestone shmups for my Dreamcast! It's not fair!
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
Peffico
24-bit

Post by Peffico »

Looks quirky therefore I like it :lol:
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

I've never been a fan of Milestone, but a shooter is a shooter and it's better than nothing!

When it was first announced last year, it was almost certain to come to Dreamcast since it is still a Naomi game, but I guess not anymore. They could still "port" it without any trouble to the DC. :(
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
gennss
128-bit

Post by gennss »

I remember reading somewhere that sega stopped manufacturing gdroms. Thus ending "official" releases. There are still plenty of games made on naomi (melty blood) that should've could've and wish they would've ported to dreamcast.
--
Gennss
--
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

gennss wrote:I remember reading somewhere that sega stopped manufacturing gdroms. Thus ending "official" releases. There are still plenty of games made on naomi (melty blood) that should've could've and wish they would've ported to dreamcast.
That was a huge rumor that everyone decided to believe. The fact is there was never an official announment from Sega saying anything about it.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

nick944 wrote:
gennss wrote:I remember reading somewhere that sega stopped manufacturing gdroms. Thus ending "official" releases. There are still plenty of games made on naomi (melty blood) that should've could've and wish they would've ported to dreamcast.
That was a huge rumor that everyone decided to believe. The fact is there was never an official announment from Sega saying anything about it.

That was strange how everyone (including me) believed that Sega had dropped the GD-ROM. It just so happens that if there are no games being made, then no GD-ROMs get "made." And at that time there were no further releases planned.

But then how did Border Down get a reprint at the beginning of 2008? Because Sega never killed the GD-ROM, just that there isn't any demand for it anymore.

Even the new NAOMI arcade games (new Melty Blood this year) are using more solid-state ROMs rather than loading from a GD-ROM.

Which came first? Less demand or less supply?

And yeah, I'm still pissed about Melty Blood too.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever