back up disk isnt playing rite

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
r2daizzzo

back up disk isnt playing rite

Post by r2daizzzo »

i have backup games and play them from time to time but the problem i have with them is some time it take me 5 minute of turning the dreamcast off and on to gett it to work. then i go to my friend's house and see he put a backup in and it play like a real game. what the problem what is he doing that im not ples help...
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

What date is on the bottom of your Dreamcast?
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

sometimes i have this problem too, and i think it has something to do with the laser. one thing you can do before playing a backup is
• insert an original game, power on the dreamcast
• when you hear the laser moving (when the sega logo appears), turn off the dc
• insert your backup game
• play!

also, you can carefully push the laser away from the center using your finger (carefully!). this usually solves the problem
r2daizzzo

Post by r2daizzzo »

thanks it work now i need something else can any one out the please and i do mean please let me download zombie revenge for dc and die hard arcade from them i really need these game and torrents site dont have them.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

You know, I don't know exactly why this happens, but I have experienced this in one of my DC's, I have around 5 or 6 of them, and one of them will act like yours when I burn with alcohol or use a game made from a direct cd to cd copy, however, those will work in all my other DCs with no problem.

Also, most of the times when I burn with nero, especcially on my laptop's crappy burner all my DC's reject the cd, but my DC that is like yours will take them with no problem.

Discs that I burn on discjuggler at 4x on a super old hp burner will work perfectly in all my DC's