Got a new Youtube Channel where I post lost/rare Bape music.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Got a new Youtube Channel where I post lost/rare Bape music.

Post by SamuraiMegas »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw0djf ... rvP58lBt1g
I have uploaded 2 "lost" albums already (Cherie and Flowers) and have about 6 more lost albums I'll slowly post when I feel like, as well as the rest of the music released under Bape's label Ape Sounds. I use quotes around lost because most of these albums are purchasable online with enough diligent scouring- but only physical copies that go up for sale every few months. I hope by the end of the year to have every song under the Ape Sounds label posted.

I very much recommend checking out that album Cherie! It's one of my favorite albums now.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Got a new Youtube Channel where I post lost/rare Bape mu

Post by Note »

Thanks for sharing, Megas! I'm not familiar with these releases at all, so going to check it out this week when can I throw on some background music while I work.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Note wrote:Thanks for sharing, Megas! I'm not familiar with these releases at all, so going to check it out this week when can I throw on some background music while I work.

Cherie is notable for being the first album Kaws (who is a HUGE artist now) did the cover art for!

As I post more albums I'll slowly start posting more information about them and such as well. Been a little lazy with it to be honest.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Cherie is notable for being the first album Kaws (who is a HUGE artist now) did the cover art for!

As I post more albums I'll slowly start posting more information about them and such as well. Been a little lazy with it to be honest.

That's awesome that Kaws did the cover art for the project. He's come a long way since early 2000s, when he was still a graffiti writer in the NY area. I have a book from that time period that features a photo of him and some of his work, I'll take a pic of the page to share.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

That's sick, it's probably worth a pretty penny now. I love graffiti and have some old graf zines but I only got into it because of my brother, who actually does graffiti. I'll have to share some pics of that as well at some point.

My BST Thread
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I do not fully understand, but I like some of the tracks. Some remind me of Akira Yamaoka's tracks. I love Silent Hill so I like a bathing ape? Must now get sneakers.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

Anapan wrote: Must now get sneakers.

That’s how they get you!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Nigo, the creator of Bape created his own private label Ape Sounds. He signed a lot of artists across a lot of genres, so there's a lot of variety.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

SamuraiMegas wrote:That's sick, it's probably worth a pretty penny now. I love graffiti and have some old graf zines but I only got into it because of my brother, who actually does graffiti. I'll have to share some pics of that as well at some point.

The book is called Autograf: New York City’s Graffiti Writers, which was originally published in 2004 by PowerHouse. Some more info and pics can be found here: https://powerhousebooks.com/books/autog ... i-writers/. There are a lotta other dope artists featured! Some of my favorites include Earsnot and Revs.

I had never looked into the current pricing, but according to the site Abe Books, it does look like the book is worth a bit of money now. Good to know.