13%
Card Games
23%

Total votes: 30

noiseredux
Next-Gen

January 2020 Together Retro Poll

Post by noiseredux »

Welcome to the voting thread for Together Retro's January, 2020 edition. This poll will run for one week. You can vote twice, and you CAN change your votes so feel free to talk it out and change each other's minds.

2010 RETRO

As we enter 2020, games from 2010 have officially become retro... unofficially. I've actually thought this would be a cool category each year as it gives us a reason to look back a decade into the games that are now entering the 'retro' league. This is easily the pick with the most options as pretty much every genre will be represented.

Suggestions: Mass Effect 2, Call Of Duty: Black Ops, Limbo, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Heavy Rain, Halo Reach, Deadly Premonition, Metroid Other M, Darksiders, and so so many more.

PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR

This category celebrates the work of Rockstar Games. Established in 1998, Rockstar is easily best known for the Grand Theft Auto series (and Red Dead Redemption). But they also have a rich history of other interesting releases as well. Feel free to play one of the big hitters like GTA or RDR, or delve deeper into their catalog.

Suggestions: GTA, RDR, Midnight Club, Oni, Max Payne, Manhunt, The Warriors, Table Tennis, Bully

TOM CLANCY'S PATRIOT (AND OTHER) GAMES

There have been a lot of games based on Tom Clancy's works. And while they are all military thrillers in some respect, many of them play quite differently. There's standalones like The Hunt For Red October (NES) and The Sum Of All Fears (GCN). There's the squad-based tactical Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series. There's the Metal Gear Solid-alike Splinter Cell series. There's lots of games to check out here on many different platforms.

Suggestions: The Hunt For Red October, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

CARD GAMES

Another year, another card game option. Maybe this will be the year? You know the drill. These are games that revolve around the concept of building decks and battling cards. There's lots to choose from out there on many consoles.

Suggestions: Pokemon TCG, Phantasy Star Online Episode III, SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash, Marvel Trading Card Game, Metal Gear Acid
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: January 2020 Together Retro Poll

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:Welcome to the voting thread for Together Retro's January, 2020 edition. This poll will run for one week. You can vote twice, and you CAN change your votes so feel free to talk it out and change each other's minds.

2010 RETRO

As we enter 2020, games from 2010 have officially become retro... unofficially. I've actually thought this would be a cool category each year as it gives us a reason to look back a decade into the games that are now entering the 'retro' league. This is easily the pick with the most options as pretty much every genre will be represented.

Suggestions: Mass Effect 2, Call Of Duty: Black Ops, Limbo, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Heavy Rain, Halo Reach, Deadly Premonition, Metroid Other M, Darksiders, and so so many more.

PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR

This category celebrates the work of Rockstar Games. Established in 1998, Rockstar is easily best known for the Grand Theft Auto series (and Red Dead Redemption). But they also have a rich history of other interesting releases as well. Feel free to play one of the big hitters like GTA or RDR, or delve deeper into their catalog.

Suggestions: GTA, RDR, Midnight Club, Oni, Max Payne, Manhunt, The Warriors, Table Tennis, Bully

TOM CLANCY'S PATRIOT (AND OTHER) GAMES

There have been a lot of games based on Tom Clancy's works. And while they are all military thrillers in some respect, many of them play quite differently. There's standalones like The Hunt For Red October (NES) and The Sum Of All Fears (GCN). There's the squad-based tactical Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series. There's the Metal Gear Solid-alike Splinter Cell series. There's lots of games to check out here on many different platforms.

Suggestions: The Hunt For Red October, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

CARD GAMES

Another year, another card game option. Maybe this will be the year? You know the drill. These are games that revolve around the concept of building decks and battling cards. There's lots to choose from out there on many consoles.

Suggestions: Pokemon TCG, Phantasy Star Online Episode III, SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash, Marvel Trading Card Game, Metal Gear Acid

Are we allowed to play DMA Design games for the Rockstar category? Rockstar being founded in 98 is a bit deceptive as they existed for 11 years prior under another name :D
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Voted! I want to play some new retro games!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Easy decisions for me this time around.

2010 had my favorite kart racer of all time: Blur. I'd love any excuse to play through that again.

And card games are some of my favorite handheld games! I'd love any excuse to play through Card Fighters 2 again X3
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I would absolutely allow DMA within Rockstar month!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Excellent. Body Harvest and Space Station Silicon Valley have been on my watch list a while. I'll go with them if they win.

I also voted 2010. I have plenty of good candidates to play if that wins.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I haven't voted yet, but I have options for all of the choices:

2010: Alan Wake released that year on Xbox 360. I've owned it for years but never actually sat down with it. This would be a perfect reason.

Rockstar: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories seems like an obvious choice for me, as it's the only PS2 GTA game I have never played.

Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six time, folks! While I don't usually play more tactical FPS, I beat GRAW for PC, so I think this would be a good opportunity.

Card Games: Cardfighter's Clash, SNK version. I keep my NGPC next to my bed. I'd happily return to this game. It's been a while since I last played it after getting stomped in the final tournament.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Rockstar and Card Games for me!

I have games that would fit into both of those categories.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Is this going to prompt a recurring January theme where everyone just plays the 'newly minted' retro games of the year?
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

pierrot wrote:Is this going to prompt a recurring January theme where everyone just plays the 'newly minted' retro games of the year?

Only if it's voted for.