Dreamcast: Collected Works announced

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Reprise
Next-Gen

Dreamcast: Collected Works announced

Post by Reprise »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da ... cted-works

Go go go!!!

For those who don't know, Read-Only Memory produced what is considered by many (myself included) the greatest book on video games to ever be released. I'm talking, of course, about the Mega Drive / Genesis: Collected Works book. You can read more on that here: viewtopic.php?f=45&p=1109829

They have now announced a Kickstarter for a Dreamcast: Collected Works.

"Oh no, not another Kickstarter campaign" I hear you cry. But I really can say without a shadow of a doubt that Read-Only Memory are a fantastic company and the quality of their books are simply outstanding.

P.S. Yes, the special editions are a rip off. Oh well.
Last edited by Reprise on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Dreamcast: Collected Works announced

Post by Segata »

OH DEAR GOD YES! Loved the Genesis book.

EDIT.

Donated.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I'm in for this one. Bummed I missed the Sega Genesis one. Really pumped!
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Blu wrote:I'm in for this one. Bummed I missed the Sega Genesis one. Really pumped!

You can still buy it on their website here: https://readonlymemory.vg/shop/book/seg ... ted-works/
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

marurun

Post by marurun »

OK, that huge blinking GIF is super obnoxious. Please spoiler that junk.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Really? It looks alright to me.

marurun

Post by marurun »

It's the animation. It's changing and huge. Super distracting and obnoxious.

And on a more general note, too many images makes posts too tall with too little text content. Forums are not image dumps. They are word dumps.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

marurun wrote:It's the animation. It's changing and huge. Super distracting and obnoxious.

And on a more general note, too many images makes posts too tall with too little text content. Forums are not image dumps. They are word dumps.

It's not breaking the image rules so no. You don't like it. Sorry but that's on you. It's not breaking the format of the forum so it's fine according to the rules. Posting pics are not against the rules either.Forums are both. Every forum is. Has been since the late 90s.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Segata wrote:It's not breaking the image rules so no. You don't like it. Sorry but that's on you. It's not breaking the format of the forum so it's fine according to the rules. Posting pics are not against the rules either.Forums are both. Every forum is. Has been since the late 90s.

It wasn't an order or command. It was a request. However, most of the images in the thread do technically break the rules. Had you read the section of the guidelines concerning images more closely, you would have noted the following:

"Unless otherwise stated, if you post an image in the forums, please keep the image size under 50K."

We tend to be super lax on this because 50 K(iB) is a really small size. But even if images are now resized to width, tall images do still stretch out pages an awful lot. It makes browsing on a phone or mobile device a bit of a pain sometimes. And also, that flashing GIF is distracting and annoying.

So I'm asking you to please spoiler the giant flashing image for reasons of making the forums a little easier on the eyes and screens of some of us who use the forums on mobile. I don't want to have to invoke the rule and be a dick about it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile