Need help burning iso/wav for saturn (cd audio messed up)

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
arion
Next-Gen

Need help burning iso/wav for saturn (cd audio messed up)

Post by arion »

I downloaded a Iso/ogg copy of die hard arcade converted the .ogg to .wav then i loaded the cue file with alcohol and there are no problems there..and the wav files sound good when i try them on the pc so i know they are not at fault..yet when i started playing the burned copy on the saturn the wav files sound simply weird and distorted..and this has happened with other games before

so any idea what settings i should use in alchol..i burned at 8x and set it to Dao/Sao..

or should i use nero 6 (can't use 5 it wont find the burner) instead...wich im not to fond of since for some reason nero needs to have the exact path for every wav file and the iso..and thats kinda annoying when there are 37 audio files unless there are some tips for that too
introvert

Post by introvert »

Wow, I just registered to ask for help with this same exact problem. The only difference is that I'm burning at 4x instead of 8x.

Yeah... can anyone help with this? It's an ugly problem and I'm not sure why it's happening.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I remember having this problem once. I cant recall the game though. Sorry. I cant even remember what I did about it.
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Need help burning iso/wav for saturn (cd audio messed up

Post by racketboy »

arion wrote:I downloaded a Iso/ogg copy of die hard arcade converted the .ogg to .wav then i loaded the cue file with alcohol and there are no problems there..and the wav files sound good when i try them on the pc so i know they are not at fault..yet when i started playing the burned copy on the saturn the wav files sound simply weird and distorted..and this has happened with other games before

so any idea what settings i should use in alchol..i burned at 8x and set it to Dao/Sao..

or should i use nero 6 (can't use 5 it wont find the burner) instead...wich im not to fond of since for some reason nero needs to have the exact path for every wav file and the iso..and thats kinda annoying when there are 37 audio files unless there are some tips for that too

When you put the burned disc in the PC again, what do the audio tracks sound like?
As for changing the path names, search and replace on Notepad usually is a quick fix...
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

yeah i switched to nero..and got segacue maker..and then edit the cue since nero has to know the exact path to every file...the audio is not a problem anymore its just a bit of work to edit a cue file with 20-40 audio tracks :?

alcohol however does not seem to need the exact path as everytime i used it for a iso/wav it seem to read the cue file..but for some reason it messes up the audio so unless someone knows the right settings for alcohol i can have fun editing cue files:D
introvert

Post by introvert »

I am trying this in Nero to see if I get better performance. Will report back later with my findings

However, assuming you're in Windows, here's how to add the path to every filename in the cue quickly:

Open an instance of Notepad, open up the cue file.

Open an instance of Windows Explorer and surf to the folder where your ISO and WAVs are stored. Select the text in the address bar of Windows Explorer (if it's not visible, go to View > Toolbars and check Address Bar). Copy it and keep it in your clipboard.

Return to your instance of Notepad, press CTRL+H to open the Find And Replace dialog. In the Find textbox, type the following EXACTLY:

FILE "

That's the word FILE in all caps, a space, then a quotation mark.

In the Replace With dialog, enter the following:

FILE "(path)

Where (path) is the path you copied to your clipboard. Make sure there is a slash \ after the path. As an example, for the game I am currently trying in Nero, I put the following in the Replace With textbox:

FILE "D:\emu\Sega Saturn\assault_suit_leynos_2[www.segasoluce.net]\

Hit Repace All (or ALT+A if you're a shortcut freak like I am), and it will replace them all. Then save it and try burning with Nero. You don't need a cue editor. Notepad rules. I know Racketboy's with me. YEAH! :)
introvert

Post by introvert »

I burned Assault Suit Leynos 2 without issue. The audio sounds just fine.

In case someone searches this thread down the road:

We fixed the CD audio problem by burning the game with Nero instead of Alcohol 120%. For whatever reason, the discs burned with Nero had good audio on them. If you are having this problem, try burning your game with Nero instead. If you need to create a CUE file compatible with Nero, see the posts above.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

thanks for the tip i had forgotten all about find and replace..no more ctrl+c and endless amount of ctrl+v :D