Podcast #46 - An Offensive and Disturbing Double Pack

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Podcast #46 - An Offensive and Disturbing Double Pack

Post by dsheinem »

Have you ever wanted to listen to Dave and John talk for almost four hours in one sitting? Now’s your chance! This show features lengthy discussions about the meaning of the word “offensive,” lots of needless genuflecting about Borderlands 2 and X-Com Enemy Unknown, a pair of sad answers about what game each host would buy if money were no object, and – as a “bonus” – an unaired show that was recorded last month chock full of iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 discussion, jocularity about fraud, and some surprisingly interesting discussion about retro compilations. Clear your calendar and dig in!

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racket ... ouble-pack
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #46 - An Offensive and Disturbing Double Pack

Post by ExedExes »

Nice to hear the part on retro compilations -- I see I got a mention! :) I didn't know about the Genesis Gold PC collection, so that might be a purchase in the future.

And yes, Konami Arcade Advanced is a little shmup-centric, that's why I like it!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

oh man hearing my post read out loud made it sound like some kind of advertisement :oops:

a couple of small things I'm sure you've already been told about by now:

There were 4 Alex Kidd games on Master System. Miracle World, Lost Stars, High-Tech World, and Shinobi World.

The Cheetahmen game you guys were thinking of is Action 52. I'm not sure if it counts as a compilation in the sense that you guys were referring to, considering all 52 titles are unique to that cartridge.

I think the reason someone mentioned Animal Crossing as a compilation is because among the various collectable furniture items in the game, you can also get several (I think around 10 or so?) fully playable NES games to place in your house. Most of them are like, launch era titles, but still. It's a stretch to call it a compilation, but there's your rationale.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

AppleQueso wrote:oh man hearing my post read out loud made it sound like some kind of advertisement :oops:

a couple of small things I'm sure you've already been told about by now:

There were 4 Alex Kidd games on Master System. Miracle World, Lost Stars, High-Tech World, and Shinobi World.

The Cheetahmen game you guys were thinking of is Action 52. I'm not sure if it counts as a compilation in the sense that you guys were referring to, considering all 52 titles are unique to that cartridge.

I think the reason someone mentioned Animal Crossing as a compilation is because among the various collectable furniture items in the game, you can also get several (I think around 10 or so?) fully playable NES games to place in your house. Most of them are like, launch era titles, but still. It's a stretch to call it a compilation, but there's your rationale.

That's right. The action 52 is borderline. I forgot animal crossing had the unlockable retro games.