Custom Game Cases?

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
zilack_kid
8-bit

Custom Game Cases?

Post by zilack_kid »

The other day I bought a custom game case off of ebay for my loose copy of Mega Man legends 2, and I was wondering: What are your thoughts on custom made non-original game cases?
Also, what do you think of buying games with or without the original case?
Personally, I don't care about having the case when I buy older games. Especially not for NES or SNES games, or any other games that had really flimsy cardboard cases.
Just a little curiosity from a fellow collector.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Custom Game Cases?

Post by Cronozilla »

I prefer them, personally, but I realize buying complete versions of games is more difficult or expensive than buying the odds and ends separately and putting them all together.

I like the idea of reproduction materials in general. But, personally I prefer the original stuff. But it's certainly something I like the idea of.

My only issue there is most custom work people put up online aren't nearly high enough resolution to be printed out and look good. Web density is trash on paper.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I greatly prefer to have complete copies, I like that collecting/history aspect.

The problem is that depending on the system, it cna be terribly hard or expensive. Everything that comes in a jewel case or was made for PC is incredibly easy but SNES boxes just have a crazy price tag. NES games are also a bit expensive, depending on the title, but they are affordable.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Problem with cardboard for me, especially buying online, is that sellers aren't always as honest about condition as I'd like.