I Cannot Burn/Patch Saturn games

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
bawitback
64-bit

I Cannot Burn/Patch Saturn games

Post by bawitback »

I believe I've lost my touch. You may have remember seeing my previous entries on my Saturn stuggles lately (Saturn 2 cue sheets, Request: Bulk Slash)

After looking back at my old Saturn games I've burned in the past, I've seen some resemblance. Most of the US games i've burnt worked the first time. But whenever I needed to patch a game, it took me a couple tries. Most of the games i'm trying to play/burn properly are imports. I believe i'm having trouble patching the game, and then burning it.

On one of my entries i've stated it was my burner which was old and currupted. But i've burned a bunch of DC games perfectly without any errors. So this leads again to the question of 'what am I doing wrong?'

Today I downloaded, uncompressed, another Saturn game. It was a BIN/CUE. Original regions; J, ASIA-NTSC. I used SRP to patch to U. After patching it I went to burn using Alcohol 120. Using the exisiting CUE sheet, set on RAW DAQ, 2X (Slowest Speed, Ever) I've burned the game. After burning I went to play it, and it just kept reading the CD over and over. On other JPN/Burnt Saturn titles it would say 'Disk unsuitable for this system' I'm getting very irritated with this.

I tried using Giri Giri (Saturn Emulator) to test my burned games, but it came up with 'Disk unsuitable...'. and sometimes nothing. Maybe its because the emulator cannot play all Saturn games. Not sure.

I thought my mod chip burt out then. But I've played some of my old Saturn/Burt/Imports and they ran perfectly. I have all these great Saturn Imports I really want to play, but cannot.

:cry:
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

I seriousily would suggest just buying a Cart. The only game I ever had a problem with is Panzer Dragoon Saga... and all you need to do is input a code if you've got the AR one.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
CurulleanCat
32-bit

Post by CurulleanCat »

yeah you should buy a AR 5-in-1 ram cart. LoD is right. but it could be that version of the region patcher you have. maybe its not workin right. Ive never had a problem with the patch program but what you are describing sounds like teh game isnt being patched correctly. :?
knight0fdragon

Post by knight0fdragon »

a lot of people have problems with alcohol for some reason, get nero or CDRWIN, and of course always test with giri

I posted somewhere in the forums about the region protection, it was some topic about a guys AR5-1 being broke.

The saturn holds 2 region areas

some games only check the 1 spot

while otheres check both

use the program i think is called saturn region convertsr (just search the topics i replied to)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Can you try a little experiment?...

Ok, so you supposedly patched one of these imports, right?
After you burned it to a CD, it acted like it wasn't patched.
So... Can you re-rip it from that burned copy and check to see what the region patcher says the region is?
I'm wondering if the patcher isn't doing its job.
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

racketboy wrote:Can you try a little experiment?...

So... Can you re-rip it from that burned copy and check to see what the region patcher says the region is?

:o

I just ripped Bulk Slash using Alcohol and used SRP to check the region and -- *gasp* its set to [J].

!!
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

bawitback wrote:
racketboy wrote:Can you try a little experiment?...

:o

I just ripped Bulk Slash using Alcohol and used SRP to check the region and -- *gasp* its set to [J].

!!

Not wanting to be annoying, but check if you're just forgetting to do something simple. Like changing the region and then forgetting to SAVE the changes. I don't know what program you are using to change it, but that might be it. Don't just uncheck the region and put US up and close the program... Save the changes into the iso first.

Ivo.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

definately.
And then you can open the ISO in the patcher a second time to see if it worked before burning.
executioner
Next-Gen

bin files

Post by executioner »

Hello guys well basically I have the same problem, Got a saturn and a modchip a couple months ago and so far I've downloaded and copied about 100 games but with bin/cue format I still have a couple that dont work after patching them
with "Saturn Region Patcher V1.1".

Have tried doing it twice on the ISO with no luck. After reading these posts I riped the burned game to an ISO and checked it again and it has the correct region but the "Disk unsuitable for this system" comes up still. Haven't tried another region patcher maybe thats all the solution there is.

:D
executioner
Next-Gen

Re: bin files

Post by executioner »

executioner wrote:Hello guys well basically I have the same problem, Got a saturn and a modchip a couple months ago and so far I've downloaded and copied about 100 games but with bin/cue format I still have a couple that dont work after patching them
with "Saturn Region Patcher V1.1".

Have tried doing it twice on the ISO with no luck. After reading these posts I riped the burned game to an ISO and checked it again and it has the correct region but the "Disk unsuitable for this system" comes up still. Haven't tried another region patcher maybe thats all the solution there is.

:D

Solution found just took a couple of minutes to try stuff and waste 2 cds. Use "saturn country code converter" found through racketboy's hacks & guides, and burn with alcohol 120% (select DAO/SAO & ignore EFM error).

On the "SRPatcher" page there is something about burning program correcting errors that mess with the patch region, it says not to use nero and has settings for alcohol to get a succesful patch but that didnt work for me. It did work using the other patcher. Maybe my post helps anybody not waste any more cds, happy gaming!!