Jrecee
Next-Gen

Retro City Rampage (wiiware)

Post by Jrecee »

bryan_65
Next-Gen

Re: Retro City Rampage (wiiware)

Post by bryan_65 »

I just read about this in the new Nintendo power mag, I can't wait till this comes out!
I wish that when they come out with old school games like this and mega man that they would release a NES cart to go along with the download, just a limited amount.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Well that looks interesting. There wasn't much information on that site, but if it was cheap enough (~$5) it would be worth a purchase. It looks like it would play similar to the original Grand Theft Auto with cheesy parody-based humor.

I've also never heard of that company, so I'm not going to expect much. Even if the gameplay is bad, I'll let it slide a little since it's just a cheesy humor game.
mustardseed
24-bit

Post by mustardseed »

For those that dont know, this game originally started out as a homebrew NES game about 6 years ago now named Grand Theftendo. The guy, Brian Provinciano, was an absolute coding master with a great attention to detail. The information on his old website was just a wealth of interesting information about the NES hardware.

I had assumed the game had just gotten to be too big of a project, but it turns out he decided to put the effort into a project to make some money and not be sued by Rockstar. Bravo for him.

At the very least though we can count on this game to be extremely accurate to the original NES hardware capabilities.
http://www.tacolamp.com - my blog & video portfolio
PharmaceuticalCowboy
64-bit

Post by PharmaceuticalCowboy »

Very nice! I am a big fan of the 2D GTA games, and this just looks awesome. I do hope they keep it under $10 though.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

the car and the scientist (or who ever he is) looks like from back in the future.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

mustardseed wrote:At the very least though we can count on this game to be extremely accurate to the original NES hardware capabilities.

Based on the screens I don't think so. It's already waaay more colorful than an nes game. Looks like he's improved the graphics a whole lot now that he's selling it.
Benex
8-bit

Post by Benex »

How do you know that Brian Provinciano is behind this game?
3GenGames
32-bit

Post by 3GenGames »

You know it was supposed to be for NES but required a mapper too comple so RetroUSB told them no. :lol:

And he also made a C->NES compiler when development started on it for the NES supposedly.

Pretty interesting stuff. I just wonder how he got a license to make this game and got WiiWare developer support without a prior released game. :| I wish I knew. :wink:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

officially announced for PSN as well! Site says May 2012. Music by Jake Kaufman (WayForward). :D