Bubble memories for sega saturn --- Does it exist?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Bubble memories for sega saturn --- Does it exist?

Post by Mega-Dan »

Has anyone ever seen a copy of bubble memories for sega saturn? Its a sequel to bubble bobble, its amazingly rare. I know there is an arcade game and there is a verison for the playstation, but supposedly it was actually released for the sega saturn, but I cant even find it for sale on ebay or at any importer. This is a super rare game. I am wondering if anybody knows anything about this?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I guess I should have replied here first, but here's my response on your other post:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Its not the one with rainbow islands

Post by Mega-Dan »

bubble memories is not the one with rainbow islands, see my post in the other listing, sorry for double posting. Its a very rare game I am not sure if it actually exists or not. There are some sources on the web that claim it exist, but I have never seen it for sale, download ect. The Bubble bobble including rainbow islands came out prior to bubble memories, bubble memories was the last original bubble bobble game made for the arcade and perhaps for home consoles as well. If I could hunt this down that would be nice, but I doubt it really exists.

This site claims there is a sega saturn version, and they are all about bubble bobble:
http://taito.overclocked.org/bmemories.html

A few other sites have said that, but I dont know if they all got their information from the same source and are all wrong based on the same mistake.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Do you have the Playstation version? I'd love to see it.

I'm kinda fascinated about this now that you've brought it up. I'm gonna post this on the blog and see if anybody mentions anything.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Playstation version does not exist

Post by Mega-Dan »

Unfortunately I double posted, and in my reply to the other posting about saturn torrents I wrote that the playstation version I thought I had is the same version you have for the saturn, its the one with rainbow islands. The naming schemes for these bubble bobble games is amazingly confusing, bubble memories is bubble bobble 3, yet came out after bubble symphony.....and its not clear as to how rainbow islands and parasol stars are considered "sequels" to bubble bobble...ugh!!! But anways there is definitely no playstation version. I would love to have every bubble bobble game, they are just the bees knees, especially on the saturn since the run at full speed (not emulated through an xbox) and you can play them on a tv (not a gameboy tiny screen or computer monitor), and you are using a real game controller not some make shift piece of configure it yourself mame computer joystick. I really hope it exists, since bubble bobble was such a happy memory from my childhood, I would pay a fair amount of money for this game.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

It does not exist!

Post by Mega-Dan »

According to both mameworld.net and wikipedia.org a saturn version of this game does not exist...darn. Oh well the guy at bubble bobble h.q. better get his facts straight. I saw it somewhere else to, but when I went back to that site I realized they were talking about the SEQUEL to bubble memories that came out for the sega saturn, bubble symphony and because of their poor writing it was not clear. Anyways the game does not exist, sorry to waste your time. This sucks, I really wanted to play it. But I guess I can look on the bright side, I still havent beat bubble bobble 1 or bubble symphony, those games are insanely difficult near the end....why I need another one is just kinda greedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_Bobble
http://www.mameworld.net/maws/
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

bummer -- well thanks for following up on it :)

I'm still posting about it on the blog since I still think it should at least be released on a Taito Legends compilation or something.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Never been on a console

Post by Mega-Dan »

Taito has never released bubble memories on a console, thats a shame, and surprising as well.