NEW Guilty Gear Xrd

Brawlers and Beatemups
Scissors Shrimper
8-bit

Re: NEW Guilty Gear Xrd

Post by Scissors Shrimper »

I wasn't suggesting that it's likely to happen, only that others are speculating it. Though I am worried about where Kliff and Justice will end up again. As you can tell by looking at them in AC+R, they're pretty hard to balance due to their general mechanics being incredibly strong by default and I could not fault Arcsys for choosing to focus on new characters over tweaking the two who have always had next to no presence in the series like they always did.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Scissors Shrimper wrote:I wasn't suggesting that it's likely to happen, only that others are speculating it. Though I am worried about where Kliff and Justice will end up again. As you can tell by looking at them in AC+R, they're pretty hard to balance due to their general mechanics being incredibly strong by default and I could not fault Arcsys for choosing to focus on new characters over tweaking the two who have always had next to no presence in the series like they always did.

I know you weren't and I understand its just purely speculation. It just makes a lot of sense for ArcSys to take that route for obvious reasons, even if I'm not keen on such a decision.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

The games has been officially announced for not only PS4, but also PS3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFZ9xgjTPyM

Axl Low and I-No are also revealed on the following trailer...

Real Goodtimes here.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

I'd love to see this on PC but apparently word of mouth claims that ASW said they don't want to do a PC game again after their Games for Windows Port of Blazblue: CT didn't do very well, they blamed it on bugs (I've got it, it has a few small errors but they are graphical only and do not hinder the game at all) but everyone knows they screwed themselves over by releasing a late, unadvertised, full priced port of a game not long before its sequel was due out on consoles. It seems to me that SEGA is the only Japanese company to actually "get" PC Gaming.

I recently got Guilty Gear XX#Reload on GOG.com and it has become an instant favourite, also got Accent Core on Wii recently, got to be honest I thunk Reload is better. The world needs more games like Guilty Gear, you can tell playing it that the developers are gigantic music buffs.
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

I'm working on becoming Godlike with Chipp in Accent Core but NOBODY plays this on PSN anymore and I'm letting my Live Gold expire so....
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

I'll play you. I used to be pretty good, but have let my skills fade. Definitely looking to get back into shape for Xrd.

psn: akazukin_cha_cha (or buffalo_fgc)
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

My body... is ready.

The latest footage of Xrd arcade has me so damn hype right now. I can't even recall the last time I was this excited for a FG to hit consoles... okay maybe it was TTT2 :P

http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/25/guilty- ... subtitles/

The story modes look top notch in quality, good voiceacting, great music and... is that the guy who sang the original naruto season 1 ending theme, singing the GG ending credits? I think that sounds similar...

http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/24/daiji-p ... n-station/

Millia looks SO damn fun right now. Her new super gives her tremendous oki/iAD pressure options. Her new disk animation is intimidating as all hell to read on wake up. I may very well be looking at a new main... if I can get her iAD game back to where it needs to be.

But damn, this game looks amazing!
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

cha cha wrote:is that the guy who sang the original naruto season 1 ending theme, singing the GG ending credits? I think that sounds similar...

Sounds like L'arc en Ciel to me. Pretty sure it's not akeboshi, anyway.
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

THe soundtrack hit youtube over the last week or so. It sounds so much like 90s Metallica i'm calling it UnLoad
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

FYI the demo just dropped on the Japanese PS+ marketplace. Sol/Ky are full arcade playable and there is a tutorial/training mode also.

It's been hella fun so far and this is without a doubt the most beautiful fighter ever made.

cheers!

ps. I'll be streaming later on my twitch channel- twitch.tv/akazukinchacha , if you wanna check it out! :wink: