Psikyo's shooters

2D Shooters Invade
Boaby Kenobi
16-bit

Post by Boaby Kenobi »

The Strikers series is probably my favourite but I've discovered some shooters recently that may change my mind about that, games like DonPachi, DonDonPachi, Armed Police Batrider and ESP Ra. De. Been playing those titles a lot on MAME and they're amazing shooters.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

Boaby Kenobi wrote:The Strikers series is probably my favourite but I've discovered some shooters recently that may change my mind about that, games like DonPachi, DonDonPachi, Armed Police Batrider and ESP Ra. De. Been playing those titles a lot on MAME and they're amazing shooters.

Those are great choices; may I suggest BATTLE GAREGGA? It is an earlier game by Raizing. There is also the "sequel" Battle Bakraid by 8ing/Raizing, but I have not spent a lot of time with it.

Other great Cave games available on MAME include Dangun Feveron, Guwange and the horizontal shooter Progear.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

If you like the DonPachi series try Batsugun, it's very similar and equally great.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

NebachadnezzaR wrote:If you like the DonPachi series try Batsugun, it's very similar and equally great.

I can't believe I forgot to say Batsugun! It is often considered the father of them all and the beginnings of Cave while they were still part of Toaplan. Definitely a classic.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever