Merry Christmas - 2019

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Merry Christmas - 2019

Post by samsonlonghair »

Happy Holidays, Racketeers! Love y'all!
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Late Merry Christmas y'all! And Happy Holidays!
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Jagosaurus wrote:@SpaceBooger, I hear ya. Crash was as much for my kids as me :D. I got 2 dress shirts I wanted... I'm old.
They're actually playing Rayman 3 HD via 360 backwards compatibility on xbone now. DLed it over a year ago. Funny how that goes sometimes :lol: we'll get to Crash eventually.

What kind of bourbon?

@Speedy, I always liked the "bone" moniker vs "one" 8)

Cleveland Black Reserve
15773928395047280279891947745895.jpg
15773928395047280279891947745895.jpg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 3828 times
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Had our first Christmas with my son (9 weeks old), despite a little family blow up here and there was fantastic, pumped some new meaning into the day for me.

Hope you all enjoyed the day, got a good feed in and had a few laughs.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hey emwearz, congratulations on becoming a father!

This year, I got some Switch games (Capcom Belt Action Collection import, Link's Awakening, and Wasteland 2), a set of headphones, a new tie and pocket square, a nice scarf, and books: Hammer's Slammers vol. 2 and 3, The Forge of God, Horror Noire, All You Need is Kill, and Old Man's War. Oh, and a ton of chocolate and snacks...
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Jagosaurus wrote:Man, great gifts for everyone!

Santa brought me Crash N Sane Trilogy on xbone. Crash was Mrs Jago's big family game growing up. Hope we can get our family into it.

I also snagged Halo Reach & ODST campaigns for Master Chief Collection. Gift to myself 8)

@Sarge, no joke. Was reading our conversation on this Tink 2X thread yesterday. Have you tested it? We were discussing 4:3 vs 16:9 & 480p overscan. Thread: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopi ... 38&t=52314

There's a small amount of overscan, but not enough to be an issue. I'm surprised how decent the NES looks through composite. It's not magically S-Video quality, but nice.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Merry (insert your holiday celebration of choice), everyone! My Christmas was headlined by a TurboGrafx-16 mini pre-order, but also featured a ceramic tea kettle and lots of nice teas, some nice spice blends, Nintendo hanafuda cards, and suspenders.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

marurun wrote:Merry (insert your holiday celebration of choice), everyone! My Christmas was headlined by a TurboGrafx-16 mini pre-order, but also featured a ceramic tea kettle and lots of nice teas, some nice spice blends, Nintendo hanafuda cards, and suspenders.

You're talking my language :!:

I'd love to see pictures of your ceramic tea kettle. I'm sure a lot of people here would like to see your Nintendo hanafuda cards.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The hanafuda cards have an inner paper seal I have t opened yet and likely won’t until I try to learn to play. But I have included here a picture of the teapot and teas I received. The cards and the teapot are both pretty affordable on Amazon.

0FF7D42C-86B8-47C1-9177-0A7FB9C3BEA8.jpeg
0FF7D42C-86B8-47C1-9177-0A7FB9C3BEA8.jpeg (162.96 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I just got cash.
That was it.

For the past 5 years or so, my sister and sister-in-law don't like each other, so we have been having separate Christmases because they cannot even be in the same room as each other.

Apparently, my sister, my brother in law and my Mother are all sick and my sister's three kids were sick as well. I visited them on Christmas Night, trying my best to avoid them.

Well, in the spirit of giving, I now have what they have. I woke up this morning sick and with a fever. And this is the busiest time at work for the entire year, so I can't exactly take off rather easily.

I Hate Christmas & December.