Merry Christmas - 2019

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Merry Christmas - 2019

Post by Ziggy »

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Be sure to share if you got any cool video game gifts!

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Merry Christmas - 2019

Post by Jagosaurus »

Merry Christmas! Always loved this pic. So much fan service. Keyes & Halsey couple hidden to right. Tartarus bear style rug 8)

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Merry Christmas!

I got a Sega Genesis Mini and all the plug in adapters for my Retrode 2. My children got a Nintendo Switch. Fun times!
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

My wife got me some video game trivia cards. I found one question that was incorrect about Valve Anti Cheat. I googled it an sure enough, Wikipedia is wrong too. Every wiki I found just had the same incorrect information copy & pasted.

The question was something to the effect of "Which 2002 modded video game introduced the Valve Anti Cheat system?"

The answer they wanted was Counterstrike but the way the question is worded, one might think the answer is Half-Life. Also VAC was around before Counterstrike. It definitely existed in Team Fortress Classic prior to the Counterstrike mod being a thing. I don't think it was very robust or effective then but it was present. Also Counterstrike came out in 1999 I think. Maybe 2002 was when it hit retail shelves?

Ok rant over, Merry Christmas all! :lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Merry Christmas!

I got a Sega Genesis Mini and all the plug in adapters for my Retrode 2. My children got a Nintendo Switch. Fun times!

Nice! I don't have all the adapters, but I spent a bunch of time earlier this year backing up saves and dumping ROMs.

I got a good gaming chair and a RetroTink 2X, so that's a win. :)
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Nice! Merry Christmas all!
My family got me a sturdy desk to support my Pentium III and 20" trinitron SVGA screen so I can finally set it all up properly. Link to temp location. I refurbished my best spare SNES unit to look near new to replace my brother's failing one, and upgraded his scaler (Now my old XRGB III). Got my nephew Kirby Star Allies, tho we mostly played the SNES virtual console Kirby today. He asked that we play the N64 Crystal Shards tomorrow, Not on his new Switch with VC, but emulated on my PC on the big screen with the volume cranked. Can't go wrong with Kirby no matter how you enjoy it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Man, great gifts for everyone!

Santa brought me Crash N Sane Trilogy on xbone. Crash was Mrs Jago's big family game growing up. Hope we can get our family into it.

I also snagged Halo Reach & ODST campaigns for Master Chief Collection. Gift to myself 8)

@Sarge, no joke. Was reading our conversation on this Tink 2X thread yesterday. Have you tested it? We were discussing 4:3 vs 16:9 & 480p overscan. Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=52314
Speedy-Mcspeedz
16-bit

Post by Speedy-Mcspeedz »

Jagosaurus wrote:Man, great gifts for everyone!

Santa brought me Crash N Sane Trilogy on xbone.

Forget about crash, whats this xbone?
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

My oldest got a Chromebook, my other son got Destiny 2 Forsaken and Shadowkeep for PC. I got nothing gaming related only a bottle of bourbon... Christmas is for the kids at my house, but I did get to play through Curse of Osirus and Warmind with my son and this weekend we will work on Forsaken. So even though I did not get any games, I get the gift of playing with my kid.

The three girls got tons of board games, so we are playing those as well.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

@SpaceBooger, I hear ya. Crash was as much for my kids as me :D. I got 2 dress shirts I wanted... I'm old.
They're actually playing Rayman 3 HD via 360 backwards compatibility on xbone now. DLed it over a year ago. Funny how that goes sometimes :lol: we'll get to Crash eventually.

What kind of bourbon?

@Speedy, I always liked the "bone" moniker vs "one" 8)