Zenzizenzic now on Kickstarter & Greenlight!

If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
Zenzizenzic
16-bit

Re: Zenzizenzic now on Kickstarter & Greenlight!

Post by Zenzizenzic »

We did it! The Zenzizenzic Kickstarter is a success! With a final tally of €2763 (including PayPal) of the €2000 goal we quite healthily overshot it, and even grabbing a stretch goal while we were at it!

​So I want thank you all greatly for the support and giving me the chance to do this.

The Kickstarter success not only means a success in funding, but it also raises the profile of the game by a lot. This means it will get a lot more attention, and with that new opportunities may arise. So we can fairly safely say that the future of Zenzizenzic is looking bright!

Unfortunately the dream of reaching the €10.000 stretch goal for the standalone expansion Zenzizenzic: Macro was not realized. It was worth the attempt though and I would be a fool to completely drop it. I mentioned in the Kickstarter FAQ that if the stretch goal was not reached that I would not develop Macro. This is mainly because I can't give you any promises on it. However, in reality it is not as hard-lined as that. Even though I can't say when or even if it will be released, I will still work on Macro when I have the chance since I believe in the concept. And those who have pledged for it will be kept in the loop, I won't forget about you!

All the backers have been contacted. And please stay tuned to the story of Zenzizenzic and where it may lead us! Follow me on Twitter or like Zenzizenzic on Facebook to stay in the loop!

Thank you all so much!

Ruud
Developing a twin-stick shmup dubbed Zenzizenzic.
Edge
8-bit

Post by Edge »

Wow, gameplay vids look like it's a lot of fun.

Also congrats to the succesful kickstarter. :)
Zenzizenzic
16-bit

Post by Zenzizenzic »

Good news!

Zenzizenzic is going to be published by Adult Swim Games! And this is very, very exciting because we can now do what was not possible before: making Macro, the rogue-like open world variant of Zenzizenzic, a reality. Also, with the support of Adult Swim Games the game will come to Steam.

Macro was a stretch goal during the Kickstarter campaign and unfortunately we did not reach that stretch goal. But! Adult Swim Games saw the potential in Zenzizenzic and Macro after the Kickstarter had successfully attained its core goal and they reached out with an offer to publish Zenzizenzic and Macro! After a bit of back and forth we finalized the deal just last week and we are now already busy working together to bring the game to new heights (such as a Steam release!).

However, Zenzizenzic and Macro will be now combined in a single release aimed at June 2015 next year. There are multiple reasons for this decision, such as to avoid confusion, to prevent doing a double promotional campaign (which would be very costly) and to make a single, very strong release.

It has been quite a journey already, but things are getting more and more exciting still!

Also, I whipped up a newsletter form, for if you want to be sure you stay up to date and also have a chance to get a beta key (the same list is used)!

Again thank you all for the support. Without it Zenzizenzic wouldn't be where it is right now!
Chempop
16-bit

Post by Chempop »

Just wanted to say congrats adn that I really like the look and design of your game.
Also that logo with the fighter pilot helmet is rad!
Zenzizenzic
16-bit

Post by Zenzizenzic »

Chempop wrote:Just wanted to say congrats adn that I really like the look and design of your game.
Also that logo with the fighter pilot helmet is rad!

Thanks! Glad you like it :D
Zenzizenzic
16-bit

Post by Zenzizenzic »

Quick update! There is a new demo available over at ZenzizenzicGame.com. You can choose between Windows, Mac or Linux, so pick your poison!

Of course, as is with demo’s, it is a limited version. If you want to have a chance to get full beta access, sign up for the newsletter as I will occasionally send out beta keys for the entire game to a random number of newsletter subscribers!

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,
Ruud