My own version of Together Retro: Harry Potter

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Scooter
Next-Gen

My own version of Together Retro: Harry Potter

Post by Scooter »

I'm a fan of the Harry Potter stories. I've read the books, I've seen the movies but I've never played the games. I know some of the games in the series suck, but all but the first one is cheap and readily available.

So, my own Together Retro is to re-read each book, then play the game based on it and then read the next book and so on. I've just gotten started since I've read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Philosopher's Stone outside the US) and I'm about half way through the first game on a PS2 format game. The game is really simple and very fogiving (no matter how many times you die, you get to do that same task over again immediately) though it is mildly entertaining. It doesn't follow the book or movie storyline exactly but creates an entirely different way of telling the same basic story. The voice acting uses the same script as the movie for the most part, but the voices are different actors, it's kind of unsettling. Kind of like when a band does a cover of a song you've loved for years because of how the original artist did it.

Before I committed myself to this quest, I should have taken into consideration these games are made by EA!
Yaxley

Post by Yaxley »

I'm a fan of the books too (no that isn't where I got my user name) but I've been disappointed by ever Harry Potter game I've tried except Quidditch World Cup. For some reason, that game really clicked with me.

I like your idea though. If I can find any of these games for cheap, I might give it a try.
Scooter
Next-Gen

Post by Scooter »

I just picked up Chamber of Secrets tonight for $8. I already had Goblet of Fire so when I get through the next book I'll pick up Prisoner of Azkaban. My local retro game store has all the games I yet need for $8 each. I almost bought the Quiddich game tonight, but I've got enough work ahead to finish the games in a timely manner since I have more time to read than to play games.
timidturtle
16-bit

Post by timidturtle »

i too am i big fan of the books but i really cant get into the games they are just boring to me