Dumb Rondo of Blood Questions

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Genesis Knight
32-bit

Dumb Rondo of Blood Questions

Post by Genesis Knight »

I just did a 196% playthrough on Symphony of the Night. Although I've played Rondo of Blood before, I just sort of rushed through it and didn't really get much out of it. I'd like to do a 100% play on it, but I'm afraid I don't really 'get' the game's system. I've looked around on FAQs but I guess these questions are too obvious to be answered.

1) Is money for anything other than points?
2) How do you save your game?
2) What does getting 100% mean in this game? Taking all the alternate routes? Saving all the characters?

Thanks guys.
irixith
Next-Gen

Re: Dumb Rondo of Blood Questions

Post by irixith »

Genesis Knight wrote:1) Is money for anything other than points?

In addition to points, you can spend them on viewing the boss movies.

Genesis Knight wrote:2) How do you save your game?

Assuming you're playing the PCE-CD version, the save should be automatic after every completed level.

2) What does getting 100% mean in this game? Taking all the alternate routes? Saving all the characters?

I suppose they're one in the same, as certain prisoners to save are only located on the alternate routes. I won't say anything more, simply because I wouldn't want to spoil anything in this wonderful game for you.
Genesis Knight
32-bit

Post by Genesis Knight »

Yes, I'm playing the PCE-CD version. Thanks for the answers! I'm looking forward to playing this right.
Genesis Knight
32-bit

Post by Genesis Knight »

So I'm not too far in, but my money seems to be disappearing? I've played through to about level 3, quit out and reset the system. When I select my save I see I have 34% completion and have gained the ability to select Richter/Maria. But when I go to the Technic shop to buy anything it says I have 0 dollars. What's up with that?
Flake

Post by Flake »

Genesis Knight wrote:So I'm not too far in, but my money seems to be disappearing? I've played through to about level 3, quit out and reset the system. When I select my save I see I have 34% completion and have gained the ability to select Richter/Maria. But when I go to the Technic shop to buy anything it says I have 0 dollars. What's up with that?

Times is tough and money just ain't what it used to be.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Flake wrote:
Genesis Knight wrote:So I'm not too far in, but my money seems to be disappearing? I've played through to about level 3, quit out and reset the system. When I select my save I see I have 34% completion and have gained the ability to select Richter/Maria. But when I go to the Technic shop to buy anything it says I have 0 dollars. What's up with that?

Times is tough and money just ain't what it used to be.

Haha.

I never paid any attention to the money to be honest. I don't think it does anything but buy those boss strategy videos irixith mentioned. Just phase it out and just enjoy the greatness of the game.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I've never payed attention to the money either.

About saving though... I've never played the PCE version, just on PSP and Wii Virtual Console. When you lose all your lives and get the continue screen, you get the option to save your game. That's the way I've always saved. If the game automatically saves after each completed level, I really wouldn't know. I just always made sure to lose all my lives and save before shutting it off.

But yeah, I got a 100% playthrough on Rondo. I think all you have to do is beat each level with both exits and save all the girls. Also, the ending for both Richter and Maria are slightly different depending on whether you get 100% or not.
Genesis Knight
32-bit

Post by Genesis Knight »

Thanks guys. Yeah, money is pretty pointless if all you can do is buy vids.

The emulated PCE-CD version I'm playing saves the game after every level you beat - not at the beginning of the level you reach! So you have to replay the last stage you played every time, looks like. No biggie.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

That's the type of question where I can't tell if you're being serious or not :lol:

Well if you're serious, then first check out this link: http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/Games/rondo.html

If you're a Castlevania fan, Rondo is a definite MUST play. If you have a Wii, I recommend getting it on the Virtual Console.