has anyone archived complete games?

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
TheGrandDragon
16-bit

has anyone archived complete games?

Post by TheGrandDragon »

has anyone don a forum on COMPLETE in box games? i mean what actually was included with each game? like some games come with little posters of other games and you cant tell which game they came with. i was wondering if for the sake of catologuing everything if people would be willing to list or show what is packaged with their complete games so people know what else they need to complete their copy. like nes games... there are the dust covers that say nintendo in red lettering on them... and then there are dust covers that are solid black. ive even got solid black ones that are a different texture. a lot of rpg games come with maps and extras, so if we can all confirm what we have with our complete copies we can catalog what REALLY is scomplete for any particular game.
winds
128-bit

Re: has anyone archived complete games?

Post by winds »

Cool idea. Right now if i'm going to buy a game that I absolutely want complete, I tend to look up various auctions on ebay with that game and see the pics, to get a general idea of what should be included with it.
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
TheGrandDragon
16-bit

Post by TheGrandDragon »

yea me to. but wouldnt it be cool if someone put together an index of it on this sits? u just type in the game name and u can see a pic or list of wat it came from. ive pieced together quite a few games and sometimes its a pain to find what all came with them. for instance... those demo discs square packaged in with a lot of games.
enderfall
128-bit

Post by enderfall »

It's an interesting idea, and haven't heard of any sites like that. Makes you wonder what anyone could get out of the enormous amount of time that would require? Would it be subscription based? A forum run community? To put together a comprehensive list of all the games made would be the undertaking of a lifetime!
NES | SNES | Genesis | PSOne | Saturn | N64 | Dreamcast | Gamecube | XBox | PS2 Phat w/HDLoader | PS3 Slim| Wii
GBA SP | PSP-1000 | WiFi-iPad 16GB(Is this a game system?) | Modded PS1 | PS Vita 3G

Goozex referral: http://www.goozex.com/referral.asp?idr=6186585560772

http://backloggery.com/enderfall/sig.gif
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

TheGrandDragon wrote:has anyone don a forum on COMPLETE in box games? i mean what actually was included with each game? like some games come with little posters of other games and you cant tell which game they came with. i was wondering if for the sake of catologuing everything if people would be willing to list or show what is packaged with their complete games so people know what else they need to complete their copy. like nes games... there are the dust covers that say nintendo in red lettering on them... and then there are dust covers that are solid black. ive even got solid black ones that are a different texture. a lot of rpg games come with maps and extras, so if we can all confirm what we have with our complete copies we can catalog what REALLY is scomplete for any particular game.

TheGrandDragon wrote:yea me to. but wouldnt it be cool if someone put together an index of it on this sits? u just type in the game name and u can see a pic or list of wat it came from. ive pieced together quite a few games and sometimes its a pain to find what all came with them. for instance... those demo discs square packaged in with a lot of games.

You guys are kidding right? There is already a wealth of information here as well as rest of Internet. All you have to do is search for a particular game you are curious about. There is not just one site that is gonna have the best information for every single game. So look up several resources, then draw your own conclusions.

"The Internet is a great resource. Treat it as an Information Highway of an educated guess. Don't trust your Heart operation to it."
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425