Scart for Genesis? or is it broke?

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Thermoptic
16-bit

Scart for Genesis? or is it broke?

Post by Thermoptic »

I just bought this "Adapteur R.V.B." Model 3085 as it says on the little box in the middle of the cable.

I thought this was a scart cable to the Model 1 Genesis to get better picture, but im not sure if its made for the genesis. When i search the net for Model 3085 i mostly get hits for the Master System. But i found one page that mentioned that this cable also worked for the Model 1 genesis.

I get sound but the picture is black. The question is, is the cable broke? Or is the picture black because its made for the Master System and is not compatible with the Model 1 Genesis?

lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

The master system and Genesis model 1 use the same pin out for video. So any video cable for the SMS will work on Genesis Model 1 systems.

As for why it isn't working for you. It could be in the GEnesis, or the cable. I am going to bet you anything it is in the cable, and most likely the sync signal.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Thermoptic
16-bit

Post by Thermoptic »

Thanks! I just tested the cable on another Genesis, same problem; Sound and a black screen. Maybe i will open the box and have a look before i return it to the store, may be a loose cable or something. But its good to know that i works on the Genesis too.