The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Raging Justice »

All of the drama and he said/she said surrounding Rossy Ogawa is quite fascinating to me. So many people are on his side, and so many people are bad mouthing him too. I can't judge the guy because I have no way of knowing what is or isn't true

STARDOM owner Takaaki Kidani says Rossy Ogawa tried to get one of their business partners as a sponsor for Marigold:

"As I talked about on Weekly Pro, one of our business partners said to me, "Ogawa-san is here." (laughs)

"He said, "I'm starting a new company, so please become a sponsor". What do you think of this?" I said you can turn him down. I've never seen anyone do it so openly.

I don't think there's any more blatant betrayal like this.

They should fight it out and do it on PPV with Tony Khan in one corner and maybe Triple H in Ogawa's corner :lol:

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Kind of a bland episode of Dynamite,

Darby is on Team AEW. Meh. Nothing other than Hangman or someone super cool debuting in AEW would have excited me here. Darby hasn't even been gone that long. Well at least he's a better choice than that sack of no talent shit Eddie Kingston, but still. Meh.

Willow/Mercedes segment with ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION OF WILLOW DEFENDING HER TITLE ON SATURDAY. This is so fucking stupid. They're not even TRYING to make the match with Tam exciting (they're not even acknowledging it) or even hiding the fact that Willow is clearly winning. It's like Willow vs Mercedes for the title is a foregone conclusion. Meh

We had some pointless matches on this show. Meh

This Jericho Learning Tree thing sucks and is really drowning Hook...and now Shibata as well. The only good thing to come out of this was a cool appearance by Samoa Joe. Meh

Timeless Toni was on the show...and everything involving her is shit. I FUCKING HATE THIS WOMAN!!!!!! Meh

Ospreay did his best to elevate his upcoming match with Roderick Strong, but no one cares. They should have kept the title on Cassidy if this is the direction they wanted to take Ospreay. I actually think the breakdown of the Best Friends would have been the perfect excuse for Cassidy losing, and this thing involving him and Don Callis would have been even more interesting with Cassidy fighting Ospreay. Meh

Christ AEW, when are you and WWE gonna get your shit together? I could probably do another rant on how they buried Ilya Dragunov on Raw based on the show results I've seen online.

So BORING. Why is wrestling SO BORING right now. AEW and WWE have FUCKING AMAZING TALENT and yet they shit out garbage shows like this. WHAT..THE..FUCK!?

At this point i wish I had the power to remove Triple H and Tony Kahn and replace both of them as heads of booking and creative in WWE and AEW. Bring in Chris DeJoseph - the guy behind most of the stuff in Lucha Underground, or maybe even Scott D'Amore
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Sami Zayn on Triple H booking:

"Here’s how I see it. I think Hunter sees me differently from how Vince saw me, especially as a good guy.

"I think Vince saw me much more as a bad guy, for a number of reasons. He saw my irksome qualities that he thought lent itself to being an irksome character. Having said that, I think things were a lot more unpredictable because of the nature of Vince’s week-to-week, kind of approach, that sometimes the marble would just fall in the right hole, and now you’re champion, whereas with Hunter, I think it’s much more he has longer-term vision, and if you’re not part of that vision, then the chances of breaking into that vision are much, much slimmer."

What's that saying about people always thinking the grass is greener?

Man, post Wrestlemania season is becoming very sobering for a lot of people, both wrestlers and fans

and so ends the honeymoon period, it ended quite some time ago for AEW, and now it is beginning to end for Triple H era WWE
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, I am catching up with the Dynamite news and it sounds kinda boring. I always know it's not great when I see the pro-AEW pages first and most of the comments are just "yeah, it was pretty good" or "not a bad episode".

I wasn't really into the team AEW vs heel Elite story anyways or looking forward to the Anarchy in the Arena match. Darby is the most boring and predictable replacement. I have always been a big fan of Darby, but it's just a bit boring and safe. Mind you, in one sense, it isn't predictable, because he broke his foot a couple of months ago and didn't he just get hit by a fucking bus a couple of weeks back! Wtf? Adam Cole twisted his ankle and has been out 7 or 8 months now!

Edit: Before the Darby reveal, it seems like Garcia or Hangman were the two names being speculated the most. Garcia would have been nice actually.

But yeah, wrestling is pretty boring really right now :( It's why I have ordered those ROH dvd sets and have been watching some old AEW and WWE shows. I finished Double or Nothing 2020 last night. It's sad seeing Brodie Lee in his match against Jon Moxley knowing he passed away not long after. Nyla and Shida had a pretty awesome match for the women's title. It's weird how the company kinda lost its way with the women's division. The Stadium Stampede match is still as wild and as amazing as it was back in 2020. It was just so much fun! Sadly I don't think AEW is ever going to be able to recapture that feeling it had in its first few years.

TNA recently announced that old episodes of Impact and old PPVs will be airing in the UK on some channel. I forget what the channel is called, but it seems you can stream it online too for free, so I might check some of those out too. We used to have Impact on one of the major channels here in the UK back when TNA was pretty big and I would sometimes watch it. So I have a bit of nostalgia for TNA circa 2008-2010ish.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Booking a contract signing on Wednesday, and then booking a title defense on Saturday is peak levels of Tony Kahn stupidity. Theoretically, if Tam wins the title, the contract between Mercedes/Willow (and your Double or Nothing main event) becomes null and void. So it makes the outcome obvious, it also makes the booker look like a moron. Lastly, both AEW and Stardom gain nothing from the Tam/Willow match because AEW didn't even promote it. For all intents and purposes the Tam/Willow match might as well be "non canon" because they are moving ahead with Willow and Mercedes as if there IS not Tam/Willow match. It's so stupid and makes no sense.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Raging Justice wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:32 am Booking a contract signing on Wednesday, and then booking a title defense on Saturday is peak levels of Tony Kahn stupidity. Theoretically, if Tam wins the title, the contract between Mercedes/Willow (and your Double or Nothing main event) becomes null and void. So it makes the outcome obvious, it also makes the booker look like a moron. Lastly, both AEW and Stardom gain nothing from the Tam/Willow match because AEW didn't even promote it. For all intents and purposes the Tam/Willow match might as well be "non canon" because they are moving ahead with Willow and Mercedes as if there IS not Tam/Willow match. It's so stupid and makes no sense.

Yeah, I have the same issue.

Also, why do they keep doing these pointless 'title eliminator' matches against the champions? And they keep giving to randoms who aren't really in the title picture and have barely won any matches all year.

Why, to earn a title shot, are people having to beat the chanpion? Why isn't the match just for the title? I don't get it!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Also bugs me that hardly any wrestling websites are talking about the Tam/Willow problem. So few wrestling websites have anyone with real critical thinking skills. It's sad. Finding anything intelligent to read regarding pro wrestling is difficult.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Tam's doing more to promote her match than AEW is :lol:

New Tam interview with Tokyo Sports. She's still serious about teaming with SLK amist Cosmic Angels internal turmoil rumors; wants to repay Mercedes Moné for making her "feel like her dog" at Wrestle Kingdom 17

She mentions Willow, Double or Nothing, what winning the TBS title would mean, etc, etc, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stardomjoshi/c ... hes_still/

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/302489

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I'm going to throw a party the day Toni Storm's contract runs out and she goes back to WWE. I have had to suffer through THREE GODDAMN MISERABLE TITLE REIGNS WITH THIS WOMAN!

When she drops that title to Mina Shirakawa or Maria Mariah or whoever I hope she GOES THE FUCK AWAY FOREVER!

Her title reign has been entirely self serving. She has elevated absolutely no one, nobody has come away from working with her looking like a bigger star (ask Deonna Purrazzo). She hasn't had a single memorable feud with ANYONE. She's no better than Jade Cargill in that sense. She also hasn't been a ratings booster or someone who puts butts in seats. Tony Kahn has given her free reign to play out this dumb gimmick for what feels like forever now to the benefit of ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

Oh, and she's been getting outshined by Willow NIghtingale, someone actually making the TBS title look like something that's not a joke. When you can look back on someone's title reign and see that no one other than the champion benefited from it, that's a failure. That's Jade Cargill
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Just came across this and it's pretty cool. Sorry it's a Facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/xwi9XSHzs4nBJtp9/