Charity Auction: Nov 1st - Which Charity?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: Charity Auction: Nov 1st - Which Charity?

Post by Ziggy »

opa wrote:edit: Just saw to pm you. I will soon.

Maybe we should make a separate CALL FOR DONATIONS thread, I have a feeling not enough people will see that message in this one.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I will make a call for donations thread in a few days. I planned to make it parallel to the charity poll on th 16th, or I may be able to condense the two topics into one thread.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I'm in for donating. I'm honored that we raised a great amount of money for Meat Fight and the National MS Society, but let's consider another charity.
When the call for donations comes through, please let me know. Having moved, I have some stuff that I'll probably unload to the community.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I just asked Bob (RetroRGB) for a suggestion. I'll start the poll and official announcement on the 16th. I'm retracting the Robin Seplut suggestion because on investigation, there's no way to tell how the money is used and it is not actually a charity (I will still send him money for his cat house and vet bills).
I have worked out some guidelines for the policy when members of our community are being sponsored directly and will be posting those along with the poll. Since a poll cannot be modified, if a situation comes up where a change in our poll candidates is necessary, I'll remove and re-post the poll up to 48 hours of the original poll being posted. This would allow still 8 days for voting. (Nobody has yet suggested anything except what is publicly posted in this thread, but because the WIP new policies aren't public or fully ratified, and I wish to keep things formal, I needed to post this bit).
I do not know where I will be or how regularly involved I can be for the auction as I usually work sort of seasonally and am usually fully unemployed for at least the end part of these. The job site I would likely be transferred to in the same region during the auction is currently just confirmed to have a 100% strike vote and I may or may not be going home in the next week. I would not cross a picket line, tho I'd be visiting and talking with the members there to see what is really going on. Hope I'm 100% available through the entirety of the auction.
I have run these before while employed, but I was given more time to prepare. Ziggy587 has volunteered to assist with daily tasks when I am less available to update totals and other necessary tasks. I will maintain the framework and integrity throughout.
I expect this will be another successful auction, and all participants will enjoy the great deals.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I know double-posting is against the rules. Forgive me, mods.
Bob suggested https://www.stackup.org/
https://twitter.com/RoboCrouse

I'll be looking up and reporting on the candidates, then I'll post a poll imminently.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage