Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium & IAP

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium &

Post by Jagosaurus »

Will dig through those Anapan. Nice list.

Posted this below elsewhere last week. Any one else feel this way on mobile?

I've been mostly Xbox lately, but my usual criteria is: supports controller, no pay to win competition, & preferred a premium version with no ads/IAP already included... that really narrows the field lol. I was having to hunt too hard for the console experience.

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I agree about having to wade through a pile of crap to find console-experience mobile games, but the truth is those touch screen games are what sell the best. The market mostly doesn't have or want a bluetooth controller.

I still can't believe the latest version of Tetris for Android removed the controller support that used to be present, and monthly subscription to remove ads. They even tried to make game pass pay-to-play, but have changed it back to make in-game coins you can win to unlock the game pass.

That being said, there is a ton of great games to be found. Since I bring my phone around everywhere anyway, I might as well stock it with games I like. That's what this topic is about after all

I mostly stick to emulation for gaming on my phone. Yaba Sanshiro 2 PRO has been constantly fixing emulation bugs and improving compatibility with Saturn games.
I posted somewhere here before that you can download the dot.emu emulation suite (IMO the best android emulator for each console) off the .git for free if you log in (also free).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that DevolutionX has full controller support on all platforms. I can't disable the touch-control HUD, but it is mostly outside the original 4x3 display area. Bugfixes and a speed control make it better than the official experience.

There are a couple of touch screen games that I feel don't need a controller. Super Cat Bros is perfectly playable with only using the touch screen. Part Time UFO as well.

To get rid of ads, even in apps and games with no option to purchase/turn them off, I use AdGuard. It's really effective.
The cheapest fifetime 1-device code I could find is off a grey-market site - Keysoff. I have used several keys off this site with no problems, and I looked really hard for bad reviews before I gave them money. The keys are legit.
So-far the only problem I found with Adguard is that I cannot connect to my FTP while it's active. Only a small inconvenience.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Man... I need to put emulators on my new phone...

Here's my previous post on Android emulation. I later shifted to a XB1 controller but worked beautifully:

https://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=52798

You also commented with some clutch info 8)

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Alien Blackout is a good game to check out. Kinda like Night Trap but better. You lead a crew of people in a ship via the monitors while an alien roams around. You are positioned in the vents so even you aren't safe if the alien decides to crawl around the ventilation system.