Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by alienjesus »

ExedExes wrote:I've seen tons of those red Gyarados in gyms. My blue one is still doing great in the one I have it in, but I have 100 candies to power it up once it returns.

I got an evolution item away from the 7 day streak (Shiny Coat), so I was able to get a Scizor, with a terrible moveset and CP less than I thought (1600 > 1800).

Same with today's 7 day evolution streak item (Sun Stone), and I had a Gloom for the Bellossom, it went from 760 CP to around just 1200. I'm not too impressed with the CP gains on the evolution items.

But I did find Houndour today near one of our gyms and I finally evolved a Lanturn (with Thunder) and even at its CP around 1200 it gets 150HP! Nice.

Finally, lamenting that my 2nd Blastoise has Flash Cannon, later on I found one in the wild with Hydro Pump (1100CP "may not be great in battle") but it's always good for low level prestiging.

In the main game, Scyther and it's evolution share a base stat total. When it evolves, it just changes type and it's stats all change, but the total doesn't go up. Scizor is slower but had better attack and defence stats, which means that he probably ends up a bit better using Go's stat formula, but not hugely.

The stats in Go are still borked really, but it is what it is. Mediocre pokemon in the real game are good here, and good pokemon are often awful. It just means as a series fan I have to relearn stuff for ths.

I got my 2nd evolution item from the 7 day streak. My first was a 2nd Dragon Scale, which I didn't need. This time I got a Sun Stone. I haven't encountered any Sunkern, but I have a Gloom thats about 20 candies away from becoming Bellossom, so I'll evolve that soon.

Still waiting on King's Rocks. I have both Pokémon who can evolve with that ready to go.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Good to know. So don't expect much in the way of better performance out of the evolved-item versions. Even the moves are almost the same. Just good for the collection and for adding to the caught total.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

ExedExes wrote:Good to know. So don't expect much in the way of better performance out of the evolved-item versions. Even the moves are almost the same. Just good for the collection and for adding to the caught total.

Kingdra is a notable step up from Seadra, Steelix is way better than Onix, and Porygon 2 is quite an improvement on Porygon. Politoed, Bellossom and Slowking all have the same stat total as their alternate lines (Vileplume, Poliwrath, Slowbro), just rearranged. I doubt any of them will be amazing in Pokémon Go, but they're all usable.

Steel types like Scizor or Steelix are always useful because they resist half the moves in the game. Makes them able to take out a lot of stuff higher level than them. I have a maxed out Porygon2 (just because I like him) who is fairly decent. He evolves again later, but it's a similar scizor situation - he gets faster and hits harder, but loses defence. He does have slightly more base stat total though.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

alienjesus wrote:Kingdra is a notable step up from Seadra

You're right! I finally got my Kingdra today! CP didn't go up all that much, but a great move set with Dragon Breath/Outrage, both Dragon type moves and I know Outrage on Gyarados is THE best move for it to have right now!

I also reached a new personal high & milestone today!
ImageImage

Seeing is believing! For nearly a full day I held 20 gyms. My top 19 + 1 more were all somewhere! Then I lost 3 of them this afternoon :lol: It'll be hard to top that!

I was also wondering why I've been getting a LOT of 10km eggs lately. It turns out that egg distance doesn't determine rarity, rather now it's what's inside those eggs that determine the rarity. Silph Road research has found some interesting stuff such on this topic.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm on my I think 3rd 10km in the last month of time roughly, and before that hadn't had one in probably 4-5mo which pissed me off. I hope they're fixing egg frequency as 5k is just too common for its own good.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Tanooki wrote:I'm on my I think 3rd 10km in the last month of time roughly, and before that hadn't had one in probably 4-5mo which pissed me off. I hope they're fixing egg frequency as 5k is just too common for its own good.

I've had 6-7 10kms in the past month, and while all of them haven't been great (Mantine was my latest 10km yesterday), I've had decent luck with Pineco, Aerodactyl, Tyrogue, and Miltank.

But I will say getting Rhyhorns in 5kms are nice. I'm up to 40 candies on one again and now that I finally got my Kingdra, I can walk this nice wild Rhyhorn I got with 1350CP and I know that upon evolution it will have a nice CP as Rhydon. A calculator for evolution I used has an estimate for it of 2665 - 2807 CP!!!! That would make it 1st or 2nd highest in my current lineup.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I agree on rhyhorn, but was surprised to see where dratini got moved. I've only ever got 1 in an egg and 2 garbage in the wild and that was last year. I'm tired of not having a dragonite that I probably should walk that one off. But at least I have a proud one of those which is better than nothing. I'm just more annoyed the game has no allowance modifier for stuff you just don't have at all in relation to eggs. This game has been out since like what last July(?) and I still have not picked up around 20 or so of the Gen1 stuff and it's a bit infuriating and more so demotivating. Some days I question why I still go at it because I'm beyond help in this area for gyms and still they refuse to get the trading in place.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I've been saving up these owls for this little joke.

Enjoy.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Good one, Flojo! :lol:
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Of all things... that's the winner of the thread right there on creativity alone.

I saw they have a rare 2 (4x lucky egg) event popping up yet again along with eggs having far more variety(whatever that vague term amounts to) going on as well through Easter. I'm still trying to walk the last bit off a 10k, then I have nothing but lame piles of 5k only. So much for maybe a dratini since it's oddly in the 2k shell now. Maybe I'll get lucky and have another geodude pop up as one egg will candy load me over 100 for a golem.