Catch22's Videos

Post game-related video clips here
Catch22
8-bit

Re: Another Sega Saturn eBay Rescue.

Post by Catch22 »

zionfarm wrote:Man Catch22 I have watched two of your videos, and I must say you are the man. You got me thinking about doing my own restoration on a Japanese Saturn I won on EBay today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the encouraging words. But yeah, tear that thing apart and clean it out, or repair it if it's broken! The sitting dust/dirt is a corrosive if left in there! The Saturn is a hardy beast and really is quite easy to take apart and reassemble. I've harped on some good habits on my vids that you can use while taking it apart.

And if nothing else, I'm glad I've encouraged you at least think about doing a restore, which is the whole point of these videos. Now it's up to you to actually do it. Why not record the process yourself? I just use my iPhone with a tripod so no fancy equipment needed.
zionfarm

Post by zionfarm »

You know what it might be easy enough but with some struggle. Seeing that I am over seas in Korea and being very far from the resources I will need as far as tools and small nick nack stuff I will need. But nonetheless I love your videos brother man. I kinda knew you were using your iPhone to record as soon as I saw that vertical portrait shot LoL.

Catch22
8-bit

Post by Catch22 »

zionfarm wrote:You know what it might be easy enough but with some struggle. Seeing that I am over seas in Korea and being very far from the resources I will need as far as tools and small nick nack stuff I will need. But nonetheless I love your videos brother man. I kinda knew you were using your iPhone to record as soon as I saw that vertical portrait shot LoL.

I don't think it could be too expensive to get basic tools. I know I recommended a good electronic soldering iron, but you could get by with a plain stick one. Also the meter for testing traces and simple components resistance can be a cheap analog one. Cheap pliers and screwdrivers and your'e set.

But you could also get some good stuff from Korea right? And bring them home, wherever that may be later.

Regardless, thanks for the compliments, as they are driving forces to continue to make these time-consuming vids.
Anthony817
128-bit

Re: 2 Brutal Dreamcasts from eBay. RESTORED!!!

Post by Anthony817 »

Catch22 wrote:Anyway, you must be crazy trying to handle that 200+lb TV by yourself. Either crazy, or you must be huge.

Actually I am a short shit haha. I am about 5 foot 4 inches tall, but I weigh about 160 or so. Not fat really, just not skin and bones. Smaller people can get pretty strong for their size as we don't have to move our muscles as far lol. The hardest part was I has to lay it on it's side to get though my gate haha. It made it through with minor scratches!

Anyways yeah it was a beast to move.
Catch22
8-bit

Yet another Sega Saturn rescued from eBay.

Post by Catch22 »

https://youtu.be/jaQoiXiWr84

This ended up being a dead laser... Ad free for you convenience. Criticism always welcome.
Catch22
8-bit

Re: Catch22's Videos

Post by Catch22 »

https://youtu.be/hWV0CT5W5GI

A first for me... operating on a "launch model" model 1 Sega Saturn. Not as uncommon as I thought. This is part 1 of 2, as this one was quite a puzzle... until I went back to basics.
Catch22
8-bit

Post by Catch22 »

https://youtu.be/fdxjgKNz3lE

The conclusion/fix to the above video.
Catch22
8-bit

Post by Catch22 »

https://youtu.be/_An8iP16eHA

Sega Saturn VA1 repair with full board and console ID's