Next-Gen

All Tribes games for free

Post by Pulsar_t »

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: All Tribes games for free

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ooooh, thanks for that! I have Tribes on the PS2, nice to try out an unreleased PC version as well as the entire series including the early robot games. :mrgreen:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

I always regretted selling my copy of Sarseige. At the time, everyone I knew derided it for not being Tribes. The edition I had was nuts with the ultra thick manuals for all the mechs and the universe itself.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/N ... llers.html

Useful links to get the old shit working.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

While I played alot of Tribes 2, Tribes Vengeance will always be my favorite. It was like if Tribes 2 and UT2k4 had a baby with grappling hooks and skiing. It really took skiing to the next level.

We use to have the best pilots get into the missile pod and have several guys grapple onto the bottom and joust with them with the pneumatic lance thing. It was a complicated game that usually ended up in lots of team killing
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I was able to get Earthsiege 1 working using the new installer (though I had to tweak the DOSbox settings to a higher cycles count for smooth gameplay). Earthsiege 2 won't start up on Win 10 x64, though I found a guide I'd like to try tonight that supposedly got it working. It looks like their Starsiege link is to the wrong ISO; it's just the Starsiege CD 1. Again, I found a link today that might fix it (the new installer needs two disks to work). If that doesn't work I'll probably acquire new ISOs since I'm considering this to be officially released in the wild. Assuming I get things working I'll update with what I did.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

@ Pulsar_t, thanks again! I have all the ISOs downloaded, the one game zipped is four ISOs. All the ISOs are CD copies so I'll burn them first to CDRs to ensure a verified backup to install from.

Tribes Ascend is an EXE Installer File. Sadly, it requires an additional download which negates creating a permanent disc archive copy. Anyone know if it is similar to Steam with an online authenticate front end? I know its an online style game, curious if it could be played as a "practice" level offline. I uninstalled it and the descriptions seem to point back to the server even during the uninstall. :?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... es/cwi8gd0

This describes how to get Earthsiege II working. I've found that the game just won't let me switch to full screen, which means my taskbar shows up at the bottom when I force the game to run at 640x480 (so the game is in windowed mode). So right now the work around is to then kill explorer after launching the game, then restarting explorer afterwords. Kinda clunky, and I might look into automating that with a batch file/powershell script at some point.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

CRTGAMER wrote:. . .nice to try out an unreleased PC version . . .

Where's this? I can't seem to find it on the page linked in the OP.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

CRTGAMER wrote:Ooooh, thanks for that! I have Tribes on the PS2, nice to try out an unreleased PC version as well as the entire series including the early robot games. :mrgreen:

Um, it's a PS2 ISO. Distributed without an emulator or instructions how to obtain and use one.
Lum fan.