Games Acquired 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2015

Post by Hobie-wan »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I purchased an Xbox 360 earlier this week, and I am quickly building a library of games for it. So far, I have:

As a 'crap game' fan, you need the EDF games. They're fun crap though. :mrgreen:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Hobie-wan wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I purchased an Xbox 360 earlier this week, and I am quickly building a library of games for it. So far, I have:

As a 'crap game' fan, you need the EDF games. They're fun crap though. :mrgreen:

:lol:

They are "high priority" games on my want list. (Although, I will probably end up getting the second and third games in the series for the PS3...)

With regard to this generation's truly terrible games, I already have copy of Duke Nukem Forever, and I will probably pick up copies of Ride to Hell: Retribution and Rogue Warrior at some point. (I am also considering acquiring a copy of Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back.) Are there any other truly terrible seventh-generation games I should look for?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Are there any other truly terrible seventh-generation games I should look for?

I haven't actually opened my copy yet, but possibly Eat Lead - The Return of Matt Hazard. Onechanbara is hokey silliness.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Hobie-wan wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Are there any other truly terrible seventh-generation games I should look for?

I haven't actually opened my copy yet, but possibly Eat Lead - The Return of Matt Hazard. Onechanbara is hokey silliness.

I haven't played my copies of those games yet either. One day...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I thought Rogue Warrior would be a rouguelike. I was wrong. :cry:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I thought Rogue Warrior would be a rouguelike. I was wrong. :cry:

Yes. You are very, very wrong. From what I have read, it is basically a dummy-stabbing simulator.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

prfsnl_gmr wrote: Are there any other truly terrible seventh-generation games I should look for?

Quantum Theory

I beat the game through pure will power :lol: . The lack of any form of aim assist makes the game insanely difficult at times. I actually enjoyed the story though :).
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

retrosportsgamer wrote:While my NO GAME NEW YEAR is in full swing, I had some gift cards and moved a couple items to cover all of these. Net new $ spent = $0.00

January:

WiiU: Super Smash Bros
WiiU: Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker
WiiU VC: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Club Nintendo Points)
PS4: The Last of Us Remastered
PS3: Far Cry Compilation
PS3-PSN: Resogun (cross-buy from prev PS4 purchase)
Vita-PSN: Resogun (cross-buy from prev PS4 purchase)

3DS: Super Smash Bros
3DS: Ultimate NES Remix
DS: Geometry Wars: Galaxies
PSP: Super Stardust Portable
Vita/PSP: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Vita/PSP: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
PSN-PSOne: Warhawk

Forgot to note the Far Cry Comp I picked up as well as yesterday's PSN sale pickups. Plus the retroactive cross-buy for Resogun is awesome. Love it on the Vita so far.
Aar1012
24-bit

Post by Aar1012 »

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is considered one of the worst games ever made. It was released for the Xbox and the PS3
Systems Owned: NES, Sega Genesis (Non-TMSS), Game Boy, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis (Model 2), PlayStation, N64, Sega Dreamcast, GBA SP, Xbox, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Wii, Playstation 3, PSP, Nintendo 3DS
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

If you don't have X-Blades, that game is pretty bad. I pushed through it, but pretty much relied on broken game mechanics to do so. It might be mildly interesting as something that probably just shouldn't have been brought to the U.S. (much less console) marketplace (it was originally a Russian language PC release called Oniblade).

Blades of Time is a kinda-sorta re-imagining by the same developer that still has flaws, but has some enjoyable elements too. If nothing else, throwing in X-Blades before playing that would likely give a real appreciation for how much they improved (did for me when I played them last year).

If you count the Wii, Build n' Race is awful.