Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Sload Soap »

I can almost guarantee you will have no problems with my list this year. Nope.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Sload Soap wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Add it to your summer games list, even if it is the only game on your summer games list!

I actually had it on that list years ago (probably when I got the copy from Flake) and never popped it in all summer. Will rectify!

Speaking of, I got bored in work the other night and have already drafted out my SGC list. :oops:

Bro I did this 6 months ago. :lol:
Flake

Post by Flake »

dsheinem wrote:It isn't even Spring yet! I am not sure I have the "not a classic" fight in me just yet. :lol:

I recently gave up on my "Beat it or Sell it" quest to clear out my back log but it did teach me a lot about my habits as a gamer and as a person who buys games and how these traits do not co-exist well at all.

I think I am going to continue to just play (or more likely re-play) the classics from now on because A) my gaming time is at such a premium now that I am married, have a family, and my career is on track and B) it sure is a lot more affordable to play my favorites than sink money on new titles that might not be what I hoped they'd be.

But yeah, dude. Get on Super Metroid. Given how cheap I let you walk away with that thing, you owe it to both of us to clear the Space Pirates out of Zebes.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I FRIGGIN LOVE KIRBY.
Review of the year. :lol:

I'm so glad you loved Kirby. Kirby's Dreamland and Wario Blast were the Game Boy staples of my childhood. I never got tired of replaying them, and I'm always surprised how strong and oddly specific my memories of them are. For example, I remember following my mother and older brother around the floor of Guitar Center with the Game Boy while "Tears in Heaven" played in the store, which was my self-proclaimed favorite song at the time. I also remember not being able to figure out the trick to King Dedede, but enjoying myself anyway because that song is such a jam.

One of my brother's friends eventually wound up giving me the hints that made me realize what I'd been overlooking. Was it obvious to you, Bone? Sometimes I wonder how I would have fared on that as an adult.

The weird thing with Kirby's Dreamland is that I don't remember how I got it, or how I even heard of it. I mean, I can speculate some obvious possibilities, but it surprises me that I don't have any first-hand recollections.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Back when Kirby was white!

I've had the game since I was a kid.

Sadly, what I mainly remember is my father being angry that his 9-year-old son wanted to play something so cutesy.

Also, there's a "trick" to Kind Dedede? :lol:
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Back when Kirby was white!

Racist.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I speaketh the truth.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Dave, you're doing Super Metroid this summer.

I have thoughts for what will go on my list, but they're only thoughts for now.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I speaketh the truth.

The Japanese cart/cover had him as pink, so did they white wash him for everywhere else?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Stark wrote:The Japanese cart/cover had him as pink, so did they white wash him for everywhere else?

Maybe Japan said no after this one, so then the US division resorted to changing him to look angry instead.