raiden IV is coming to xbox 360

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Re: raiden IV is coming to xbox 360

Post by RadarScope1 »

According to UFO's twitter feed, it's out now.

http://twitter.com/UFO_Interactive
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

RadarScope1 wrote:According to UFO's twitter feed, it's out now.

http://twitter.com/UFO_Interactive

Is the LE different?

http://www.amazon.com/Raiden-IV-Limited ... 103&sr=8-1
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

dsheinem wrote:Is the LE different?

The soundtrack disk perhaps?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I would suspect it's not different. I've found that Amazon has a tendancy to say items will take longer to come out then they actually will. I've had several items ship a week early or more. It all depends on when they actually get inventory from their vendors. Since I know Gamestops have started receiving this in I'd expect Amazon to start shipping over the next few days.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Apparently there re two LE's, one is a GameStop exclusive with art books and stategy guides. A quick check of the GS Web site shows it's not priced higher - still $39.99. Could be worth it.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Just thought I'd confirm that the game is out now. Saw it at Gamestop today. Decided to wait till next week to pick it up because that's when I get paid next. But it was nice to see it on the shelves
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Anyone pick it up? The reviews haven't been very good but they rarely are for shmups, of course...

I'm curious what y'all think.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My Amazon copy shipped today, I'll let you know on Wednesday.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

This game is AWESOME! I bought Raiden Fighters Aces last Saturday and was happy with that, but WOW! I picked up my Limited Edition copy of Raiden IV before work today and I gotta say this one is super challenging with some very nice looking graphics and background scenery.

Top notch shooter here. Couldn't be more pleased :wink:

Oh, and hopefully you all have a tv that you can turn sideways to experience the game the way that it's truly meant to be played - vertical, in full screen. Myself, I have a decent little 13'' that comes in handy for these situations. The game screen is much too small playing in regular horizontal mode. You gotta be able to play it vertically, trust me
Last edited by Weekend_Warrior on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:Oh, and hopefully you all have a tv that you can turn sideways to experience the game the way that it's truly meant to be played - vertical, in full screen. Myself, I have a decent little 13'' that comes in handy for these situations. The game screen is much too small playing in regular horizontal mode. You gotta be able to play it vertically, trust me

While I always want to rotate my TV for TATE mote, I've found that with a 50" screen even running in horizontal mode isn't too small.