Racketboy Podcast #18 – MechCorps @ DragonCon
The interview is with Frogg of MechCorps, a Houston-based BattleTech group who runs custom hardware and software to get the most out of mech-based games. Their group is quite interesting, and the interview sheds light on the technical challenges offered by putting together and maintaining a pod, organizing events, transporting hardware, and building a community of players.
This episode is also a bit of a Houston-themed show, as our second forum member spotlight segment features none other than Houston-based forum member Hobie-wan. Hobie talks about his earliest gaming memories, his interest in tinkering with consoles, and his enthusiasm for the racketboy community.
- (Beyonce’s “Halo” chiptune dance remix [by pirateswithpaperhats] and the Racketboy Podcast theme)
- Dave’s Intro
- fastbilly1’s interview with Frogg of MechCorps
- (excerpt from MechWarrior 2 soundtrack)
- Forum Member Spotlight: Hobie-wan
- (Zanac X Zanac main theme)
- Dave’s Outro
- (Special Ending [Orchestral] – Resident Evil Symphony OST)
Do you have something to say? Do you have pictures or videos of this event? Were you there and want to share your thoughts about the panel? Please let us know in the forums!