Hunting for some music

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ivo
Next-Gen

Hunting for some music

Post by Ivo »

I remember Racketboy or someone else posted a bunch of links to video game musics.
I found already blue laguna which is quite good (had the Chrono Trigger songs I had been wanting to hear!).

I haven't found some of the ones I was looking for: Mainly Sonic 1 and 2.
Laguna has some Zelda ost there but of 2 Zelda I haven't played so I don't know if any of the tracks are at least close to the classic Zelda tunes.

Can somebody help me find these?

Ivo.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I'm confused. Are you just looking for the real OSTs or do you mean arrangements? Because I ripped Sonic 2 here:

http://www.stevemv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49

Only 20MB, perfect quality, single loop.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Thanks

Post by Ivo »

Thank you Mozgus. That solves the Sega part (I already have the beautiful Ecco the Dolphin music).

I want the real tunes, not altered arrangements, precisely as you did with Sonic 2.

You mention in the thread you linked that you simply used an emulator to do this (I suppose it was KEGA Fusion, as you referred to it as "Fusion"). Do you have any advice for an emulator that could do the same for SNES and/or Gameboy (Color or not). I wanted to get the original "Song of the Windfish" from "Link's awakening" (I only found some midis of arrangements) and the main Zelda theme from perhaps a "Link to the Past" (although the main theme can come from any of the games of the series, I was looking for a version a bit better than the NES ones though).

Thanks again,
Ivo.

EDIT: I notice you have also Super Smash Bros Melee. You can play as link in that - maybe any of the tracks there will do the trick for me. I never played it so I don't know... Is "Hyrule Temple" track what I'm looking for?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: Thanks

Post by Mozgus »

Ivo wrote:Thank you Mozgus. That solves the Sega part (I already have the beautiful Ecco the Dolphin music).

I want the real tunes, not altered arrangements, precisely as you did with Sonic 2.

You mention in the thread you linked that you simply used an emulator to do this (I suppose it was KEGA Fusion, as you referred to it as "Fusion"). Do you have any advice for an emulator that could do the same for SNES and/or Gameboy (Color or not). I wanted to get the original "Song of the Windfish" from "Link's awakening" (I only found some midis of arrangements) and the main Zelda theme from perhaps a "Link to the Past" (although the main theme can come from any of the games of the series, I was looking for a version a bit better than the NES ones though).

Well most emulators have support for writing wavs. VisualBoy Advance does, and it will work with old gameboy roms. Or you can just get the GBS gameboy soundtracks and play them in winamp with the right plugin. You could then export to wav with winamp:
http://www.zophar.net/gbs/

EDIT: I notice you have also Super Smash Bros Melee. You can play as link in that - maybe any of the tracks there will do the trick for me. I never played it so I don't know... Is "Hyrule Temple" track what I'm looking for?

I believe the two Zelda stages in that game use the main series theme, and the temple song from Zelda 2. Those two are arranged. Oh and Saria's forest song from OoT, but its not arranged.