Post Your Favorite Retro Gaming Birthday Or Holiday Photos

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
retrogamer

Post Your Favorite Retro Gaming Birthday Or Holiday Photos

Post by retrogamer »

Thought this might be a fun topic to start. Post your pictures of your fondest birthday, holiday, or any other event where your received a game system or game that you had been hoping you would receive if you were a good boy or girl. Heck, even if it is a photo of a cool retro toy post that too. I'll start off by posting a picture of me on Christmas morning 1986 unwrapping my NES. I can still remember that new NES smell when I opened the box. I wonder what it would be worth today if I had never opened the box? :roll: If you think the look on my face is priceless you should have seen my Dad's face when I told him that each additional game costs $50.00 :shock:
Last edited by retrogamer on Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

:D That's a great picture. I remember getting that same NES Action Set, except I got mine in 1989 (when I was 2 years old ;))
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

the only console i didn`t buy by myself was the NES on xmas in 1993 and my parents didn`t take pics :-(
know your roots !!!
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

That's cool!
I bought all my consoles myself, and sadly, I don't think I took any pictures :(
evildragon
8-bit

Post by evildragon »

Heh, I got the NES on, I believe, a Christmas morning.. Came with a cartridge with 3 games in one, Mario, Duck Hunt, and Track Meet, along with the mat.

I woke up early, went to the living room to watch cartoons, and instead I saw a NES sitting on the floor, with the TV turned on with the game selection screen. (previous to this, I had an Atari 2600)..

Sadly, I don't think any pictures were taken..
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

I was 2 (1989 -- same as jemsic) when my parents bought me NES. I believe pictures are laying around somewhere. Kinda funny, I was still young and stuff. I don't know the set it was purchased by but I kno I had these games right away.. Mario Bro, Duck Hunt, (with light gun). Great times
Last edited by bawitback on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

I don't remember exactly when we got our NES, but I think it was for X-mas. Several controllers, a new zapper, and a new 72 pin connector later I still have it. This is one of my favorite pictures. I don't know when it's from exactly, but you could not cram more 80's nostalgia into one picture. Not only am I opening the Ewok Village playset, but check out the shirt. How did Cap'n Crunch and Space Invaders end up on the same T-shirt? Plus it's yellow and that's fly.

retrogamer

Post by retrogamer »

Cool pic :) Check out this website. They may have a reproduction of that shirt. I have bought alot of stuff from them in the past and the quality is very good.

http://www.80stees.com/
marurun

Post by marurun »

You guys are making me feel old. When I was, like, 5 or 6 we got an Atari 2600, and a little later a Coleco Vision. All other consoles that came after I bought myself.
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

Ramatut4001 wrote:I don't remember exactly when we got our NES, but I think it was for X-mas. Several controllers, a new zapper, and a new 72 pin connector later I still have it. This is one of my favorite pictures. I don't know when it's from exactly, but you could not cram more 80's nostalgia into one picture. Not only am I opening the Ewok Village playset, but check out the shirt. How did Cap'n Crunch and Space Invaders end up on the same T-shirt? Plus it's yellow and that's fly.

:D That box says "made in France". You know it's old. France doesn't produce anything now, lol.