Anybody Want To Help Write for RoomPlay?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
racketboy
Site Admin

Anybody Want To Help Write for RoomPlay?

Post by racketboy »

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't got around to updating RoomPlay in a while.
I'd really like to get it going, but I've been spending most of my time keeping RetroGamng going at a steady pace.

So I ask, would anybody like to help write some game room-related posts every now and then?
If you have your own blog, you can plug your site in the posts as long as it's tackful.

I'd offer a share of the Adsense earnings, but at this point there isn't much to be shared.

What do you think?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I would be in no position to discover news items in this catagory, but I'm glad you might be able to revive the section with some help soon.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:I would be in no position to discover news items in this catagory, but I'm glad you might be able to revive the section with some help soon.

I'm not really planing on having "news" -- more like ideas, techniques, and equipment for refining one's gameroom
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

This sounds very interesting. I'd love to assume such a role, but am a little curious as to what this entails. I've been an avid game collector for quite some time, and have an extensive knowledge about maintaining and "refining" an obsessive gameroom. I also keep a library of over a thousand game magazines which I could draw additional resources and history from, if such a thing would be relevant.

To my discredit, I've little to no experience in writing for websites. If this will be a complicated process, I might not be able to assume the responsibility.

Again, I'd like to know a little more, so I could better understand if this would be manageable for me. Or perhaps you already know the answer to that...? :wink:
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

SegaVega wrote:This sounds very interesting. I'd love to assume such a role, but am a little curious as to what this entails. I've been an avid game collector for quite some time, and have an extensive knowledge about maintaining and "refining" an obsessive gameroom. I also keep a library of over a thousand game magazines which I could draw additional resources and history from, if such a thing would be relevant.

To my discredit, I've little to no experience in writing for websites. If this will be a complicated process, I might not be able to assume the responsibility.

Again, I'd like to know a little more, so I could better understand if this would be manageable for me. Or perhaps you already know the answer to that...? :wink:

It's pretty easy.
It's not much different than writing up a post on a message board like this.
The only difference is that you polish your writing a bit more and expand on your thoughts.

There are two basic ways of coming up with a post...
You can write a nice little article about your own experiences and include pictures if it helps illustrate your point.
Or you can share a link to another website or article on the topic and share why it is helpful or expand on what that author was discussing.

When I started writing/blogging, I wasn't very good and it took me a little time to find my footing, but eventually the practive really does improve and you really get into a good rhythm.
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

racketboy wrote:It's pretty easy.
The only difference is that you polish your writing a bit more and expand on your thoughts.

You can write a nice little article about your own experiences and include pictures if it helps illustrate your point.
Or you can share a link to another website or article on the topic and share why it is helpful or expand on what that author was discussing.

When I started writing/blogging, I wasn't very good and it took me a little time to find my footing, but eventually the practive really does improve and you really get into a good rhythm.

Great! I was hoping for an answer like that.

I was mostly fearing that it would involve some sort of "coding" or heavy learning curve, but it seems like something I could handle...

This idea seems quite up my alley. If you'd have me, I'd love to take you up on your offer.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

SegaVega wrote:
racketboy wrote:It's pretty easy.

Great! I was hoping for an answer like that.

I was mostly fearing that it would involve some sort of "coding" or heavy learning curve, but it seems like something I could handle...

This idea seems quite up my alley. If you'd have me, I'd love to take you up on your offer.

I'll send you an invite to be able to post to the blog and we'll go from there.
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

Thanks, racketboy! All logged in; I'll await your direction. :)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

SegaVega wrote:Thanks, racketboy! All logged in; I'll await your direction. :)

Well, just write whatever you think would be cool :)
If you want me to look over it ahead of time, just lemme know