ds flash cart question

Emu Talk Goes Here
cabrando
24-bit

ds flash cart question

Post by cabrando »

I read a thread on here about the various ds flash carts and I honestly came away with more questions than answers. All I want to know is what is the best/easiest flash cart to use for playing nes roms?

I don't really care about photos, homebrew, video, etc.. Slot 1, slot 2, doesn't matter. I just want the simplest solution.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Simplest and best value would probably be the M3.
prophet138
16-bit

Post by prophet138 »

I use the R4 and it's worked good for me so far. Quite simple to use.
andymol21
64-bit

Post by andymol21 »

I second the R4/M3. Both use standard micro SD cards so capacity only goes up to about 2GB. If all you need are NES roms, that will be fine, but if you want something a bit bigger you might want to go for something that supports SDHC. The HC stands for High Capacity (I think) and these cards go up to 32GB, however at the moment micro SDHC cards are pretty expensive. Still, for future proofing, get a SDHC supporting one, but if all you really are ever going to need under 2GB, then the R4DS and M3 Simply are very very good cards.

Hope that helped. If you have any more questions just ask :D
--=We Do What We Must Because We Can=--

FS/FT Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24755&p=309811#p309811
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

prophet138 wrote:I use the R4 and it's worked good for me so far. Quite simple to use.

The R4 works great for DS games for me but for NES games, they're kinda not so well emulated. I heard the CycloDS runs emulators better~