Magic Knight Ray Earth............Nero Problems

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
NeoRage
64-bit

Magic Knight Ray Earth............Nero Problems

Post by NeoRage »

I just got my modded Saturn today :D I'm having problems getting Nero to accept my .cue file to Magic Knight Ray Earth. The rar file came with the .cue and the .bin files, But Nero keeps giving me an error when I try to burn the image. Are there better programs to use for bin and cue files?

I also burned Radiant Silvergun, But the voices are missing :(

Thanks!
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

What's the error with MKR?
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

I think nero refuses to burn his image, perhaps a redownload?
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

The first error is

"Cannot open the file C:\Magic Knight Ray Earth\MKRAYEARTH.BIN."

Then when I click "OK" in the error window it gives another that says

"An error occurred while loading the cue sheet file
C:\Magic Knight Ray Earth\Magic Knight Rayearth.cue'.
(Line 1)."

I tried to run the Sega Cue Maker to see if that was the problem, But it wouldn't let me with a bin file.
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

Pullmyfinger wrote:I think nero refuses to burn his image, perhaps a redownload?

Thanks for the advice, I REALLY hope I don't have to get it again! It was like a three hour download :( I will if I have to though, The game looks really good!
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

I think I know what you're doing wrong. Copy/Paste the contents of your cue file here
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

Pullmyfinger wrote:I think I know what you're doing wrong. Copy/Paste the contents of your cue file here

Here it is, Thanks!

FILE "MKRAYEARTH.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 59:10:57
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

Damn, it's not what I thought it was, but check for the following:

Is your bin file named MKRAYEARTH.BIN?
Are the bin and cue files in the same folder?
Does it also happen in a folder that has no spaces in its name?
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

The files names are

Magic Knight Rayearth.bin
Magic Knight Rayearth.cue

I tried to rename the .bin file to MKRAYEARTH.BIN, but it did the same thing :( It's probably the .rar file I downloaded(got it from coolrom.com, good site!). I named the file I unrared it into "Magic Knight Rayearth".

I'm trying to get the games that aren't included in the collection that I ordered and unfortunately this was one of them.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

First off... The name of the file in the cue sheet in line one has to match the actual file name.... letter for letter. Make sure that either you change the first line of the cue sheet to say "Magic Knight Rayearth.bin" OR make sure that you change the .bin's file name to MKRAYEARTH.BIN

Second... the way your Cue sheet is written it is going to look for the binary file in the same directory that the cue sheet is in. You again have two choices here... put the .bin and the .cue into the same directory (you can't keep them in the rar file... you must decompress them to any directory on your harddrive).
OR
You can have them in different directories... but then in the first line where the .bin file name is you must put the exact directory for it. i.e. if it was in C:\My Documents\ then you would write for the first line

FILE "C:\My Documents\MKRAYEARTH.BIN" BINARY

Those would be your only two problems. From the looks of the error message I don't think it is saying that the .bin file is corrupt. though this doesn't mean it's not possible... its just from the looks of it NERO hasn't even found the file yet; let alone even attempt to examine it and determine and errors... also for errors to be so dramatic in a .bin file that it wasn't even openable would require massive amount of corruption that wouldn't occur during downloading. Errors that would occur during dl wouldn't stop the burn process, but once you played the game it would lock up during game play due to what I call "digital scratches". They are binary code written incorrectly and even when read properly by the CD-Drive... it inherently is the wrong code. (unless the first few bytes of the .bin file were corrupted which is where the headers and shit are held).

You have to realize it like this... a .bin file is just the binary code written in order from beginning to end. Just a succession of machine code in order. Hence the name "BINARY" or .BIN . So any corruption would just cause 1s and 0s to be out of order which would still look just like a regular .bin file because it doesn't know the difference between the machine code of Magic Knight or Panzer Dragoon.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers