RacketBoy Charity Auction 2023

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Welcome to the 2023 RacketBoy charity auction!
This year our donation recipient is The Video Game History Foundation. They archive and restore video game material in all of its forms, as well as educate people.

The 2023 charity has ended; We raised $365 for VGHF!
Totals are listed on the 2nd post & PMs will be sent to all winners shortly.
As mentioned, because Paypal has a steep conversion rate, and our rules state that every penny is donated, I'm accepting payment in either Canadian funds (no conversion fee) or USD. Likely USD would still return a bigger donation. I'll be transparent through the donating process and post images of each step.

Thanks Ack, for moderating the finals.

Fine print & details of the rules - Please read!

Every cent of the money bid on the items here will be transferred as a lump-sum once the funds have been collected. Bidding will start at the price listed; Either a donor-agreed reserve price or the estimated shipping, rounded up to the nearest dollar. Each bid must be at least $1 more. Bids are made by posting in this thread. Please state the number of the item you wish to place a bid on, as well as the dollar amount you are bidding. For example, "#10 - $7" or "I bid $7 on item 10.". Funds are all US dollars. Please consider donating some unused game, media, electronic device or art; I will be accepting items here up until Friday November 17th. The auction will run up until noon (11:59:59 AM Central Time) on Sunday, November 19 2023. As in previous years, donors will be responsible for shipping costs, unless arrangements are made ahead of time. I've found that small items are easier to manage with shipping costs; Keep that in mind when donating. It would be appreciated if winners could transfer funds before December. Payment must be received before I will instruct donors to ship their items. Payments are accepted via PayPal @ rbcharity2023@gmail.com, although I can accept other payment methods if necessary. For PayPal payment, please make payment as "gift" to eliminate fees. As we have done in previous years, this auction will feature a rolling end for items actively being bid on. That is, if up to 10 minutes before the auction cut-off time someone up-bids an item, that item will remain active and available for bidding for 10 minutes after the bid was posted. This can be repeated so long as that item is up-bid again within 10 minutes of the last bid.
Note from Anapan: Due to PayPal's crazy conversion fees, I'm accepting payment for my donations in CAD or USD. Note that payment in USD will be converted when I make payment to VGHF with my credit card and will not transfer as the full amount you donated. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable this year. Full transparency on what happens at the time of donation. Before next year's auction, I will have a USA bank account to make payment in USD without conversion fees.

Updated to this post.
Last edited by Anapan on Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:11 pm, edited 14 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

01: Modded Playstation Vita with SD2Vita adapter $72 - marurun (WINNER)
Image:
Fully softmodded with latest installer apps for homebrew games & apps, Adrenaline for OG PSP & PSOne games, and of course PKGj to download any of the official games and DLCs that ever existed for any region directly from the PS Store. Includes charging cable, carrying case, 2GB memory card, 16GB OEM memory card, SD2Vita card with 16GB MicroSD, Cyber analog thumbstick caps, Stealth Inc. (complete) & Dungeon Hunter Alliance (loose). Battery seems good. Charging cable is a little frayed on the charging block connector side, but does not affect functionality.

02: RGB Modded AV Famicom $80 - Ziggy587 (WINNER)
Image:
This was modded with a PlayChoice 10 PPU by RacketBoy member ApolloBoy back in 2014, and has served me well until just now when I finally finished upgrading to Viletim's NESRGB. I don't know if it can output anything but RGB video. It outputs video using the PC10 palette - some colors are different (link1, link2, link3). There are some jail-bars visible on a scaler without putting a bit of lowpass filter in the processing chain; They are not visible at all on a CRT. Pictures of before and after LPF on Retrotink5X. Includes a good condition OG NES gamepad, brand new RetroBit gamepad, OEM power supply, SCART cable with stereo audio RCA breakout, original box & documentation, and a NES-Famicom cartridge adapter.

03: 3DS XL $40 - SpaceBooger (WINNER)
Image:
Bought this for a great price at a pawn shop planning to softmod it eventually. I was hoping this had the new eye-tracking technology; It does not. I haven't used it, but the battery seems good. It seems to have a screen protector on the bottom screen. Comes with only the power adapter and a felt zipper-case.

04: PSONE with LCD Screen $35 - Ack (WINNER)
Image:
Excellent condition. MOD chip installed to play backups. Includes LCD screen, White classic gamepad, OEM Composite video cable, OEM memory card & power adapter. I have cables to feed composite video into the screen, and will find and include them on request.

05: Brand new, sealed Final Vendetta for Switch $35 - prfsnl_gmr (WINNER)
Image:
Link. New sealed physical box.

06: XRGB Framemeister $58 - marurun (WINNER)
Image:
Link. Works great. Compact up-scaler with many inputs and HDMI output. I cut a small hole in the shell to externalize the IR input as its remote was using some of the same codes as my HDMI matrix switch. This can be removed on request. Includes remote with English overlay, IR repeater, EuroSCART to 8-pin mini-DIN adapter, Component to D-terminal adapter and RGB-VGA DB15 to mini-din. Limited EuroSCART cables for some consoles are available on request.

07: Keene SCART Commander $10 - JoeAwesome (WINNER)
Image:
Link. A SCART switch that comes highly recommended by those in-the-know. Comes with 3rd party US power supply (OEM one with USA adapter available on request), IR remote with connector cable and original paperwork. Limited SCART cables available on request.

08: NIB TinyTV 2 $10 - NO WINNER
Image:
Link. Accidentally pre-ordered two of these. Amazingly tiny television that can be loaded with up to 50 videos through USB, or stream video directly to it from your computer through USB-C. About 2 hours battery life unplugged. Comes with tiny remote. Can be loaded with retro-game related videos on request.

09: Retro Fighters Brawler 64 Gamepad $35 - ElkinFencer10 (WINNER)
Image:
Like new in box! I purchased this controller new, and it has received very light use.

10: Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) $10 - NO WINNER
Image:
I actually purchased this game from the Racketboy Charity Auction some years back. Complete, in good condition. Minor scuffs on the disc, nothing that looks like it would be a problem.

Updated as of 12:37pm CST - Ack
Last edited by Anapan on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:01 am, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Note
Next-Gen

Re: RacketBoy Charity Auction 2023

Post by Note »

Thanks for setting up the 2023 Charity Auction, Anapan!

Great set of items here. Debating on whether to bid as well!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

#3 - $10

owo
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
marurun

Post by marurun »

01. $20
02. $20
06. $20
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

#4 - $10

I just messaged Anapan with a couple of donations, so expect to see a few more items soon!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Thanks everyone for participating! Ziggy587 just sent me a couple of new, great donations! Keep an eye on this thread as there's likely to be more items added here shortly. It's encouraging to see the auction going so well this early on.
I fixed up a bit of an error on the first post; Donations will be accepted up until two days before the auction end date. Previously the cutoff date was erroneously last years' end date.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ack

Post by Ack »

Great news, Anapan.

#4. $20
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

#9 - $10

<w>
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

#1 - $35
#2 - $35
#9 - $35
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.