Neo Geo MVS and AES Cart with Micro SD Card slot

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
s8n
128-bit

Neo Geo MVS and AES Cart with Micro SD Card slot

Post by s8n »

hi guys , im not sure if your following it but there is a MVS and AES Cart in development that uses a MicroSD Card to store roms.

a pre-order interest check list has opened up recently im going for a AES................

http://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/i ... #post21906

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Neo Geo MVS and AES Cart with Micro SD Card slot

Post by Tanooki »

That thread is not very helpful, didn't see a single post tying to any actual useful information about this -- just your pictures here.

Depending on the build quality, capabilities, and the price I'd be in for a MVS cart given Razoola doesn't take his proof of concept Neo-Geo Land thread gem over at the Neo-Geo Forums into production.
s8n
128-bit

Post by s8n »

sorry Tanooki i should have included a link to the main Thread..............here it is below

http://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/i ... /&pageNo=1
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Seems like a huge chunk of money especially considering I have a well working 161-in-1 revised cart and the carts I already pretty much wanted for games not on it I loved as a teen/kid in the day (Magician Lord, Cyber Lip, NAM1975, Ninja Combat, League Bowling.)

I won't sign up there, that's a pass. At this rate any carts I'd buy are for games I love so much I'd want them over the multi-cart.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Well, it is a chunk of money... but this is the Neo Geo demograph we are talking about.
I do get the hype and the me of a few years ago would be all over this.

I would actually consider it even now, but emulation is just too fine an option when it comes to Neo Geo.
Plus, having no flash cart or multi cart just makes my paltry 10 (I think?) AES games all the more special when I do pull out the system.

These days I think I'm more excited about emulation drive options for my failing disc based systems (psio, rhea, gdemu, etc). Think I'd rather buy multiples of those than one cart.
...just another lost soul...
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I feel similarly to that as well with the MVS games. Yes I do have the 161in1, but I did buy up stuff that was already on it like Spinmaster, World Heroes, and Mutation Nation shortly after plus I picked up a well undervalued full kit of Neo Turf Masters as it's a favorite. The 9 games aside from the multi I got with mine most of those are on the 161in1 too yet I'd rather use them if I'm not feeling lazy. But, all things considered it's a huge cost saver and they go for $100~ and aside from a game being glitched to death (sonic wings 3) on there, it's fine outside of some games oddly set to max(lv8) difficulty by default.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

s8n
128-bit

Post by s8n »

just for anyone that is interested in this project there is a new poll see below................

http://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/i ... cartridge/
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

You do know the guys over at the neo-geo forum are all over this due to the sketchiness of the people behind it and how they're handling things. Personally at this point given both sides of it I wouldn't touch the thing with a 10ft pole.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Tanooki wrote:You do know the guys over at the neo-geo forum are all over this due to the sketchiness of the people behind it and how they're handling things. Personally at this point given both sides of it I wouldn't touch the thing with a 10ft pole.

Raz hates Darksoft. Rot likes Raz. Rot rules NG as his own personal fiefdom. Liking Darksoft on NG will get you banned.

I have both Darksoft's STV and CPS2 flash carts ndd they are rock solid as far as flash carts go. They go toe to toe with anything. And their customer service is second to none.

Don't believe the NG drama, there's no sketchiness about Darksoft.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread